PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
BirthdayPipes500px_zpsj9pyacbp.jpg

Some wonderful birthday gifts from my amazing wife, Juli. A set of Peterson's Mark Twain (Rusticated) pipes for my growing collection, and a Savinelli Autograph (6) Bent Billiard w/ Bamboo stem.
... Now, if I could only talk her into a tobacco order.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I don't know which to congratulate you on first...the birthday or the wife.
Great pipes and have a good day smoking them.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Congrats!
My autograph is a bit on the large side so I don't smoke it all that often, but it makes a great "sit down chair" pipe.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
My deepest gratitude to everyone for the birthday wishes! It means a great deal coming from such a great group here on the forum.
The breaking in process has begun!
The Savinelli has a massive bowl (2 inch chamber), which I prefer, do to my mammoth-sized mitts. It's the first bamboo piece I've seen that I personally like the aesthetics.
It's a two match pipe, that smoked for two hours. It burned slightly warm, and fairly dry — something that should improve with continued breaking in. Most importantly, the flavor of the Va/Per [Peterson's Irish Oak] sang.
The Petersons smoked as the Mark Twain collection do: Nice. I'm crazy for these sets, and they actually sold me on the idea of pokers, which I never had an interest in until picking up my first set. These are my second Rusticated pair, and they just beg for burley blends.
I don't know which to congratulate you on first...the birthday or the wife.
Thank you... the second only improves the first!
My wife convinced her family to buy me a Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for my birthday :)
Sometimes family can be useful! I looked into the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, and I must say, my intrest is piqued! Hmm, maybe next year.
My autograph is a bit on the large side so I don't smoke it all that often, but it makes a great "sit down chair" pipe.
I favor larger pipes; I guess I find it hard to sit down for less than two hours. I'm really enjoying these Autograph pipes (this is my second). All I need, something else to redirect my tobacco addiction and limited funds.
Thank you all again. I hope you each have a wonderful holiday season!

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Wow, those are nice pipes... Especially dig the Sav. Youve definitley got a special woman there... Hope they bring you many years of wonderful smokes (the pipes not the wife :P )
Happy early birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.