PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Spending the day savoring a Cleveland Cavalier victory in game seven of the NBA finals last night. For those who do not know, Cleveland sports fans have long suffered sad defeat after sad defeat in our three professional sports franchises. This is our first title since 1964. I celebrate with a fine pipe of my own make filled with a fill of 1989 McClelland Virginia 24 I've been holding for just such an occasion. Hopefully I will be celebrating a World Series later this Fall.

The curse is lifted!

Mike S

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
Congrats. I clicked on this expecting a triumphant tale of snagging a cavalier shaped pipe for a good price and wound up reading about a sport I don't follow. You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, sir. Bravo!
Seriously, though, congrats. Always nice for the home town team to get some national recognition.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
It isn't about basketball at all really. It's about the triumph of an entire area and how tobacco is a part of a celebration of good news. And that mythical pipe is still out there for you to find! I have all the pipes I will ever need. Me, I just need more, good reasons to enjoy them, such as this!

Mike S.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
As a Warriors fan, I say congratulations. The Cavs really earned their victory, with maybe just a bit of help from the referees.
I do wonder if, in order to be called for charging, you have to lower your head and butt the defender twenty feet?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.