PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
This is a fantastic blend and since it is of the new CD cellar series, it will be very interesting to see how this progresses with time. This blend is not flooded with Latakia, quite refreshing. Now don't get me wrong, I love the smoky condiment, but find that so many blends are overloaded and so strongly impart its essence, almost exclusively. This blend allows for one to really enjoy the fine sweetish, VAs and the Turkish gives a nice sour counterpoint. Perique is added, not shyly, and as a result it helps to monitor the other elements, keeping all in check. The Cav gives some fuller body, mind you this is not sweetened black Cav, but a stoved Burley which adds to the overall body of this preparation. The moisture content was perfect in the 2 cakes and they broke easily apart and took the flame quite well. Once lit the volume of smoke was impressive. One word to describe this would be difficult, but I would have to say "balanced", and indeed it is. I have 6 tins on the way and have not been able to pull myself away from the heady aroma and wonderful mouth feel since opening this artistically labeled tin. Some will go to the cellar for sure, but some will find a place in one of my pipes daily. One bowl was very filling, but I'm a bit of a glutton and find two or three during the day suits me very well. Highest recommendation!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
That's fine blend, seadog. I'm almost through my tin and have enjoyed it immensely. As for aging, I think it's more of a marketing ploy than anything but time will tell. Good review. Happy piping.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
I agree Papi, most tobaccos will improve with age. Yes, a fine blend indeed...I have 12 tins now from the first release...good stuff. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.