PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
I have had my days with burley and some have been wonderful; the day I met this Burley was one of those days. This was a nice, strong, full bodied burley blend. I liked the amount of smoke produced. I liked the raw, semi-nutty tobacco flavor. I liked the restraint used when applying the perique. This came perfectly ready to smoke out of the tin and it lit well. Very easy to smoke up the air around my head in a dreamlike cloud. The flavor, to me, was a little harsh, but not too badly and in some way this unrefined character was enjoyable. A good blend to be sure.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you seadog and xrun. I have had quite a romance with C&D non-aromatic burleys, and I have an unopened

tin of #1, so I was especially glad to hear xrun's report on that. My first C&D blends were the two "bayou" blends,

and I found them harsh and it put me off. It took me a year or two to come back and try Epiphany, Billy Budd, Old Joe

Krantz, Big 'n Burley and others I have come to enjoy and depend on. Now I will look forward to Burley #1 once I get

to open the tin. I'm a moderate smoker, a bowl or two most, but not all days, so I keep things on hand a long time

before I open them. Good review. Thanks.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
This is a great smoke. One of my most favorite burley blends. OJK's more refined brother to my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.