Caught the PAD's Eye - Castello: Sea Rock Briar Billiard (KK)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
The dance begins again...damn you PAD! Well, the 'ol bday is coming up next month and I always try to treat myself at least one a year on my bday to something I consider really nice...I don't have a Castello yet in my collection and have really wanted one for a number of years, hmmm :evil:
castello-searockbilliard-kk.jpg

castello-searockbilliard-kk-top.jpg

castello-searockbilliard-kk-bottom.jpg

Measurements & Other Details

Length: 5.69 in./144.53 mm.

Weight: 0.80 oz./22.68 g.

Bowl Height: 1.70 in./43.18 mm.

Chamber Depth: 1.58 in./40.13 mm.

Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in./20.07 mm.

Outside Diameter: 1.27 in./32.26 mm.

Stem Material: Acrylic

Filter: None

Shape: Billiard

Finish: Rusticated

Material: Briar

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Castello's are some of the finest smoking pipes in the world. Yours is a beauty, congrats on a great addition to your collection. One thing about Castello's is they have a large airway in the shank, normally around 4.5mm if memory serves. You will need to pack the pipe tighter than some of your others, it is a good thing so don't worry about it.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

That's a good looking pipe. Nice choice, and the dimensions are very similar to something I would have picked myself. Enjoy. :puffy:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Just do it! You know you want to! Plus, it's your birthday! C'mon, do it!
Large chamber at a very light weight.
Bowl color and texture a perfect match for the stem.
C'mon, do it!
(Brought to by the PAD Enablement Committee, Rufus T., Chairman)

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Welcome to the Castello Club! Great looking pipe, Very elegant. The black Sea Rock looks great with the tuxedo stem. 8O

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
From an avid Castello collector ... they are all great! Follow your gut. And if it helps, that stem is very rare! I’d pull the the trigger.

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
That's quite a stunner. I'm not always into swirly, acrylic stems but that one pairs well with the Sea Rock finish.

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks for all the positive and kind words on this post - I gave myself/PAD 24hrs to think about things...Happy to say the Castello: Sea Rock Briar Billiard (KK) is on the way, happy bday to ME. I could not let her travel all alone, so I have 8oz of GLP's Temple Bar to keep her company. :worship:

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
You're either very brave or very trusting for posting pictures of a pipe that good looking before you buy it. I'm glad you got it. Knowing my luck, if I had been in your shoes someone would have bought it before I could convince myself to pull the trigger.

usrkain47

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2017
Tennessee
You really should pull the trigger on that pipe. I eyed it as soon as it went up. I’m booked on pipes for a couple months but I know I couldn’t be the only one that was eying it!

Status
Not open for further replies.