PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Around here how we roll is me in my chair and my cat on the floor. But every so often she takes a notion to sit in my chair. As soon as I'm out of it she's in it, and she has no shame, jumping into it even if I'm close by, When I come back from whatever I'm doing, I gently pick her up and return her to the floor, and the cycle continues.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
When I sit in my den, my cat Bailey is usually right here with me on the couch. He will move to my spot if I move. :D

Jun 4, 2014
About five minutes after I sit down in my chair one or both of our cats will show up wanting to sit on my lap. If I get up I find the chair occupied.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
images

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Cats are actually divine. They created humans to feed them, massage them, and to warm their chairs. And, my cats lie in wait for my recliner as well. :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Of my three cats, Fred is most likely to be seated in my desk chair when I arrive. I roll him gently aside and roll up a side chair, and usually he lolls for another ten minutes and cedes my big chair back to me. Displacement can be a major sign of disrespect for cats, although some are accommodating. Little Bella, who is really a feisty little cat when indignant, will move over when I come to bed, on the basis that she can then use my chest as a bolster, which she promptly does once I settle in. I took up with our house cat when I was a toddler and she had kittens, and I believe she thought I was a large, slow-witted kitten and "brought me up" somewhat, by her lights, so I feel I have the hang of cat rites and rituals. They don't seem snotty; you just have to understand the etiquette and work it out. And of course, each cat is noticeably different.

May 4, 2015
Our cat ran away for a month, then showed back up refusing to re-enter the house. Now she lives out back with our chickens. Our huskies couldn't be happier.

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
Of my three cats, Fred is most likely to be seated in my desk chair when I arrive. I roll him gently aside and roll up a side chair, and usually he lolls for another ten minutes and cedes my big chair back to me. Displacement can be a major sign of disrespect for cats, although some are accommodating. Little Bella, who is really a feisty little cat when indignant, will move over when I come to bed, on the basis that she can then use my chest as a bolster, which she promptly does once I settle in. I took up with our house cat when I was a toddler and she had kittens, and I believe she thought I was a large, slow-witted kitten and "brought me up" somewhat, by her lights, so I feel I have the hang of cat rites and rituals. They don't seem snotty; you just have to understand the etiquette and work it out. And of course, each cat is noticeably different.
I use to sleep with my cat from it was newborn, she used to sleep on my belly under my blanket. She really got attached to me, she used to jump up and crawl up on my shoulders and sit there while i was walking around the house. When I walked off to school she used to walk after me and follow me, so I had to carry her back home. And when I was going out I had to make sure she did not see me leaving cause she would allways follow me around. When I had to move I had to leave her behind and gifted her to another family, that moved in the house I used to live in. When I spoke to them a couple of years later they told me that she had gone "crazy" and was not very kind to humans. That pained me alot and I regret that I had to leave her behind. I love cats, but im not sure I want one again. Nothing will be like her :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
geirove, it seems cats do change personality (if that's the right term, or cat-onality) when they change homes. Some of my wife's family had a black cat who lived with a Russell Terrier and was always retreating and not sociable. They finally turned the cat over to the wife's brother who liked cats and had two, and the black cat became the alpha cat and extremely affectionate to the people. My sister had a much beloved big dog, Max, maybe part Rott, and then adopted a cat that was being targetted by a neighbor where it lived before, for being put down. With my sister and her husband, this cat became alpha pet in the house, supervising Max and his various friends who came to board. The cat lived to a very advanced age and died at home, after a long walkabout. He'd gone off to die but was found and brought home. He was very old, maybe 19, and remained the family guru until he passed.

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
Cats are very fascinating, I read somewhere online that cats bond more to their owner if they sleep with them from early age. I dont know if thats true but I tried to find the reason for the catonality change.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Cats are very fascinating, I read somewhere online that cats bond more to their owner if they sleep with them from early age.
I believe this. Our oldest male cat is 12 (Bailey mentioned above)and sleeps with us every night and has since he was about 8 weeks old. He is a great companion and very loving. He hangs with me all the time in my den. He loves sleeping next to my wife the most....I don't blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.