PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabomano

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2011
Does anyone have any info about this Castello. I've never come across any and the only one I've seen online was from the pipes2smoke.com site. I want one.
Ray
http://www.pipes2smoke.com/Castello/C_66.htm

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
There were two threads on this pipe, I deleted the other with the bad picture link.

I saw this line last week in Maxims update. I've never seen this finish before.

It is not appealing to me, it has a bit too many things going on with finishes for my tastes.

I believe all the Aritocrata pipes sold pretty quickly, so the Castello collectors disagree. Maxim describes it as "rare" and indeed, I find no other information.
C_66.jpg

C_66_f.jpg

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I've never seen a Aristocratica with a mixed smooth/sea rock finish but I don't see them all. Usually they're a smooth or left a little rustic with a darker two tone stain and the very dark fumed top. I don't like this piece, like Al said it looks kinked at the stem/shank and the band makes it look to busy. I would like to have one but I've never seen an estate in one of my shapes yet. 8O

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
There's two reasons I doubt that specimen is an aristocratia castello; the non-standard finish for the aristocratia line (as mentioned, they all have a dark stain around the rims and a smooth finish), and the cost: real aristocratia castellos are usually double the cost of that one. I'd suggest that bent egg is a searock blend. Below is an aristocratia line bulldog/rhodesian:
002-386-2392.jpg

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
LoL, That link must have been reused or something, I don't think that 93 SR is what we were commenting on over a year ago. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.