PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygh

Lurker
Sep 21, 2016
I love Casey Jones Last Ride, but my latest order is tied up with P&C's debacle. No one else seems to carry this tobacco. Any recommended alternatives? Or is Casey Jones a repackage of another tobacco for P&C? Thanks in advance.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Looks like it is a cherry vanilla. I mix blood red moon with Lane 1Q and it is pretty tasty, give that a shot and see how you like it.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
If it's cherry you want try Captain Black Red Sky, the only cherry blend I've bought repeatedly.
003-537-0012.jpg

Yummy stuff :puffy:

Reactions: nickjohn5150

tygh

Lurker
Sep 21, 2016
Thanks for the replies. I will try a homemade blend as I do have some 1-Q already.

I'm not sure what exactly 1Q's flavor is, exactly. It is vanilla-ish for sure. But, to me that sounds a lot like Hobbit Weed, cherry vanilla. But Hobbit Weed is no longer also.
Bjarne's Eric the Red and Lane's Cherry Cordial sounds like they'd fill the bill. I have a feeling that it's not just the flavorings that attract you to this. It may be the way it smokes in general. I know that this is more important to me than flavors. YMMV

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I've mixed BRM with a lot of things, in fact, that is the best way to smoke it, as an adjunct to just giving a little decent cherry taste to another good tobacco. I would try around 50/50 - 60/40 or thereabouts with BRM being the lesser of the two depending on what you mix it with and adjust from there.
To be honest, BRM I think works even better with an honest quality tobacco, I'm not sure I'd like it with another aro, especially one like 1-Q, but that is just me.
1-Q, I guess it is a sort of honey-vanilla sort of thing. Not much else going on there without the flavoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.