PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Just opened a box of Carter Hall 3 years old, what a delightful smoke. Burned perfect, tasted excellent, not a aromatic man but this was pleasant, very little room note. just a tiny hint of sweetness, mild but to mild. will buy a few more an tuck them away.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I like it a lot.

Hoping to retire soon, God willing & this will be my major go to!

Keeping cost down.

Today.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Carter Hall is a great smoke and a wonderful tobacco to stretch pricier blends as well. It's the perfect mild tobacco with good flavor.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I smoked it fresh for the first time a couple weeks ago. It's a nice mild blend that smoked cool and dry right out of the pouch. Will be one that I enjoy regularly for sure.

wolfe64

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2015
Ontario Canada
Being new to pipe smoking (and still waiting for my starter kit to arrive ....patiently lol) with all the reviews I have been reading Carter Hall seems to get a big thumbs up.

It will be one brand I will surely try.
Mark

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I love exploring tobaccos but keep Prince Albert and Carter Hall on hand. Sometimes you want filet mignon and sometimes you want a big fat juicy burger.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Always have a pouch on hand for breaking in Cobs or simple morning smoke with coffee.
Have you tried other Burley blends?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I caved and finally bought a pouch after ignoring it for quite some time. Good tobacco but tasted too much like burley to interest someone trained to VA chops.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've found that the burleys like that take a pallet adjustment period. Throw a bowl into your daily rotation and eventually you'll come around.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
Carter Hall and Prince Albert are the two OTC brands I buy. They taste similar, but CH is a bit sweeter to me. I'm not sure which I like better but I lean towards PA since it's more focused. These two have got me interested in Burleys and I'm looking forward to tasting the

Cornell & Diehl Bulk: Big 'n' Burley that is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.