Carter Hall

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by brdavidson
  • Latest reply from brdavidson
  1. brdavidson

brdavidson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Finally tried the much talked about Carter Hall, it was amazing! Love the nuttiness of the tobacco and how dry and cool it smoked. I think I just found my new everyday smoke. Gonna try nsfisher's mix of CH & CBR tonight after the kids go to bed, can't wait, three bow.s already today which is the most I've ever smoked in a day!

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. wallace

wallace

Login to Send PM

I've had a pouch of CH that I hadn't opened in a month or so. Saturday morning the sun was actually shining so I loaded the bent apple up with some and took the French press along with onto the deck. I can't believe I haven't been smoking that stuff more! For all the reasons you listed I love that stuff! I haven't mixed it with anything and I've only smoked one bowl of it in a day. But what a bowl it was!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. mlyvers

mlyvers

Login to Send PM

can

c
    ve smoked it for many years. it`s a good mixer as well.

mike.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. scurvydog

scurvydog

Login to Send PM

Is it an aromatic?

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. mlyvers

mlyvers

Login to Send PM

i do not think it is considered an aromatic. however there is a slight sweetness with carter hall. it is easy to smoke. i recommend it.

take care.
    mike.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. brdavidson

brdavidson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't consider it an aromatic. It's mild and nutty but does not come across as flavoured in any way. It's my first non-aro and I think its a really good bridge tobacco to develop the palate for other tobaccos

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. coalsmoke

coalsmoke

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

CH is a really good OTC. I smoked it for months before returning to my favorite English. It's not an aro, but a burley/VA blend. I like that slight nutty flavor too. I also have smoked a lot of Price Albert, but prefer CH over PA. Another one that I like is Walnut named after the street in Philly where Middleton's first shop was located in the mid-1800s. It's described as an English, but not as strong as English blends can be. It's considered to be an OTC, but is now only available in a bulk tub and not in pouches like CH and PA.

Russ
    Smoking a pipe is true relaxation...everything else is too much like work.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. brdavidson

brdavidson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

In the same order from 4noggins I ordered CH, PA, Walnut, SWR and some 1Q. I've only had the CH so far, just love the nutty flavour. I also tried @nsfisher's idea of mixing CH with Captain Black Royal, it wasn't bad, but I'll try another few bowls before I pass judgement. Love CBR and CH separately though. Gonna have to buy a tub of CH now, just a really nice smoke.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   yaddy306, vfefrenzy, mso489, cobguy, kanada, shaintiques, mephistopheles, mrjerke, rsuninv, tuold, weezell, jorgesoler, eightywon, sidious, trailboss, misterlowercase, sparks, willc, pitchfork, carlweis, dieseltech, agnosticpipe, briarfriar, johnnyreb, woodsroad, tbradsim1, john218