PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeglwar

Lurker
Jun 12, 2011
This place is my home away from home and I would encourage anyone near Cincinnati to stop in. They carry 600+ estate pipes(range in price from $9-$300,most around $35), bulk tobacco, tins, new pipes(mostly Savinelli&Peterson),smoking acessories,racks, and cigars. The reason I'm there so much is you are allowed to smoke in the store and are encouraged to sample their bulk tobacco blends.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I'm near there and per buckeye's recomendation have it on the list to check out. Thanks!

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
Been there a few times.great place.heading back soon to pick up some more

barking dog.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
Hey mike if you do go try to go after 1pm.That`s when Arnold is in.

They are open till 3pm on Sat.And i think Arnold is there all day.

jeglwar

Lurker
Jun 12, 2011
Take I-75 North from Lexington to Ohio, once you are in Ohio, take exit 10b(Galbraith Rd), turn right off the exit(east). Turn right at the first intersection(south) - Reading Rd. The are about a 1/4 mile south on the right.

jeglwar

Lurker
Jun 12, 2011
Woops, I thought you were coming from Lexinton, from Louisville you'd take I-71 to I-75, but I'll bet you knew that!

tab812

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Floyds Knobs, IN
mlyvers hit me up a couple days before u go, if you want some company. I'd like to hit a couple smoke shops in cincy... Free on most weekends, and I can slide my days off if I give notice. I live in Floyds Knobs, IN but I can meet you across the creek.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
When you go make sure Arnold is there.they have some nice upshalls for sale.

http://youtu.be/CEhUFW4rrx8

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just picked up a restaurant in Cincinnati. I look forward to visiting this shop on my overnight trips. I'll throw out a message to you local guys, it would be great to meet some forum members as well.

jeglwar

Lurker
Jun 12, 2011
I went there today(which isn't unusual) and took some pics(which is unusual). How do I post them in this forum?

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
300 dollars for an estate J.Upshall G grade isn't expensive.If I lived near Cincinnati i whould be a faithful customer of the shop.What you're waiting for?

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Bought several estates from them, cleaned and sanitized them took them back and they filled them up for free, great guys and location. One of very few locations in ohio that let you smoke inside store.

jeglwar

Lurker
Jun 12, 2011
Thanks for the endorsement Gwynclan. Arnold and Jim (owners) are both good friends of mine. When Arnold started the shop over 40 years ago, the Carrousel Inn was one of the finest hotels in Cincinnati and the Carrousel Keyer Tobacco Shoppe was one of it's kiosk. Some day if you can get him talking, it's interesting to hear about all celebrities that drop by there(you pretty much have to work at getting him to talk about it). Real piece of history. Since then, the hotel & the neighborhood have all gone far down hill, and the Carrousel Keyer Tobacco Shoppe is the only remaining piece of the hotel's hay days. I've known Arnold&Jim for about six years(through my divorce I called the place home), I've never heard of anybody that's complained about any of the pipes deals they've gotten from Arnold. Pipes are a passion with him, he can't do enough to help a piper in any way he can. I have to admit to being a self appointed "cheerleader" for the place, but in my own defense, it is because I know how they do business, and how close they have come to being out of business. If you smoke a pipe in Cincinnati, I know that they are the best shop in the area, period, and I'd hate to see them go. You all should too!

Status
Not open for further replies.