PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
On a planet with over 7 billion mouths to feed we all share a responsibility for putting food on the table. Some of our indulgences are not carbon neutral nor do they efficiently utilize what we are now recognizing as finite resources.

I guess I should have included 'bloggers' in the topic title? :puffpipe:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I don't know the purpose, thoughtful discussion (not so easy on this forum) I suppose or maybe, just an observation. Hence, the reply.
If no specific purpose then the thread will possible take on a life of it's own or, die a necessarily quick death. There are sooooo many possibilities. I'm all a tingle to see the directions it may go. Profound? Doubtful. Shallow and inane? Most assuredly, should the title strike the fancy of some certain of the members.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I am a single male, no children, no wife.
I am a carnivore, predominately. The only veggies that enter my gob are potatoes, corn, green beans, and whatever is minced up in my salsa. I do like jalapeno peppers, but not bell peppers or pepperocini. I like cucumber, but only in pickle form. I like tomatoes, but only in ketchup form. I like apples, but only raw, not cooked or in pies. I like peaches and pears, but only canned.
I am a pipe smoker. I have only inhaled/smoked (1) one cigarette, just to try. I have only had a swallow or two if beer, but only to taste it. I like my rum, honey whiskey, and honey mead.
I drive a 1982 Mercedes 300 Turbo Diesel, which gets me about 34-35 mpg.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I know there is a woman out there for me, and she may be visiting this site. You never know. :puffy:
Actually, I was remarking comparisons about the title of the thread and how it compares to me. I didnt know what this thread was, but apparently neither did the OP. HA! :)

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
Ya know, gig, I've never really tried any fruity aromatics. Just the vanilla or 7seas. I do have McClelland 2011 Christmas Cheer. Wonderful blend.
I may step out and order a few bucks worth of samplings after the holidays. Perhaps a good dark cherry or something. Defin not anything peachy. Blech!

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Fracking kept my family afloat when there were no other jobs for us.
Fracking got us out of a huge financial hole from a failed business.
Fracking put money in my pocket; an 18 year old with few prospects for a successful future. Thanks to fracking I have money in my savings account, and can move forward to follow my dreams and lead a succesful life doing what I love. I love fracking. I would go so far as to call it good, morally speaking. It has done so much for so many people. I see the fruits of it every, single, day. Don't speak of that which you do not know. North Dakota is home to a LOT of fracking. No earthquakes, no sink holes.
Yes, everything is a limited resource. Nothing is static, everything is falling apart. All the more reason to frack hard and deep, we need all the oil we can get. When the day comes where we discover an alternative to oil and gas, I will collect a pink slip with a smile on my face. In the meantime, I'll continue to help provide the country with the resource it needs... Whilst enjoying a steak, driving my beautiful blue suburban, and smoking my pipe.
I don't know why you people get off on posting topics aimed at antagonizing and provoking others.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
"Carbon Neutral"
To anyone who has taken even a basic college level chemistry class, this is one of the dumbest phrases ever uttered.

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
Indeed....
I've always heard, "Git that frackin' dog outta' the kitchen!!" or, "Put that frackin' stick down, young man! You'll poke yer eye out!"

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I guess my heading was intended to consider water consumption, its value as a limited resource and what we choose to use it for. Growing corn to feed pigs, fracking, or growing tobacco, all require lots of H2O.

I was thinking about the drought in CA and how much food is produced there. The wines, the citrus, the nuts.

I was thinking about what humans do to their environment in the name of progress, jobs, or even national security.

I'm still thinking.

So sorry if I've caused ANYone to become upset. So sorry.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
"So sorry if I've caused ANYone to become upset. So sorry."
seriously? that was the whole point of the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.