PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamike

Might Stick Around
Jun 2, 2013
Blue Ridge Mountains
I would appreciate some opinions on this pipe and tobacco offer from one of our sponsors. I am trying to build a rotation and would this pipe be a good one? Also I have never bought anything other than OTC tobaccos, so what's some of your opinions on this blend? Thanks much. http://www.eacarey.com/pipe-tobacco-special-offer.html

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
It's a good deal. I'm definitely in the minority here in that I like the Carey Magic Inch pipes. They are different. They are great for Aeros like the Classic Black that is included in the offer. Classic Black is black cavendish with vanilla. It is good if you like Aeros.
Don't expect to get an Ashton. Expect to get a good smoking factory made pipe.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
I think its a good deal. The tobacco sounds like it would at least be passable, and there are other threads about how to make it smoke like a normal pipe if you find out you dislike the magic.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I just received this offer yesterday. I have not tried the tobacco yet, but the pipe is definitely different. It does smoke cooler then any of my other pipes. Please remember that I have just started smoking a pipe again and I am still learning.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
About 25 years ago I was a loyal purchaser of the Carey Magic Inch pipe. However, while I had a dozen of his pipes, I tired of the soaking and dripping of the sleeve. As a result, I abandoned buying anymore and now smoke only non-filtered premium briar pipes made by Bob Hayes. I rotate my pipes religiously and may smoke as many as eight dofferent pipes in a day. I have about forty pipes. As a result, dedicating to my specific blends and rotating, I never have a problem with a sour pipe or a ghosted pipe or a wet pipe. In short, whatever pipes you smoke, have plenty of them and rotate them allowing a rest period. In the end you will be rewarded!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I bought this special last month. As of yet, I haven't used pipe - I'm not puffing much since my wife is having severe asthma right now.
I bought an extra package of the filters, which will probably last me awhile since I don't plan on this being my "go to" pipe. If you plan on useing it a lot, buy 3-4 packages of the filters at the same time - save on shipping. Even if you don't care for the pipe, it's a good deal - the tobacco is very aromatic.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I've bought the deal 4 times and,(being a cheap pipe whore),like the pipes and the tobacco...

Status
Not open for further replies.