PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
I looked out the window this morning and saw a cardinal. Wonder if that is a sign about the winner of the world series?

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
I saw a Blue Jay.........
Well, there goes that theory!!!
GO SOX
Rich

4noggins.com

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife's from Mo., and I went to school there, so we didn't struggle picking our team. I'm supplying all

my MM cobs with Forever stems in their honor. Well, really, I started on this before they won the pennant,

but it's taken on new meaning. (MM's from Washington, Mo., just west of St. Louis, you know.)

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Two pretty even teams.The best pitching usualy wins..Speaking of pitchers..Watching them feebly trying to hit the ball sucks big time.In my opinion this distracts from the excitement of the game.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
My dad was a lifetime Cardinals fan. I have many fond memories of summer evenings on the porch, with my dad and often my grandfather, listening to games on the radio. I have to pull for the Cards!

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I live in the heart of MO and have a house full of Cards fans. But I'm a Cubbie so I have to go with the junior league Red Sox. :puffy:

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Big Sox fan here (that's the way it has to be if you're going to do it living in New York). Not happy with the way the game is going so far tonight.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Lifelong Cards fan here but no fan wants to see a game end like that one did.
My sons have been umpires for the last seven years and both agreed that Joyce's obstruction call - inadvertent or not - was absolutely correct. (One of their friends pointed out that nobody gets up from being flat on their face by raising their legs in the air first.)
Fnord

Aug 14, 2012
Rich: Cynical as usual. Actually I don't care much about tobacco prices anymore, with over 1100 cans put away. But I really do prefer the Sox over any other team. Here in NY we have the Yankees, who as an old NY Giants baseball fan, I do not like. Then we have the Mets, who are a joke. Who else is there besides the Redsox?

chaplainmike

Lurker
Oct 7, 2013
I grew up listening to Jack Buck call the Cardinal games. Was around for a couple of the series wins. Still like the Cards! Go Redbirds!!

Status
Not open for further replies.