PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeard82

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2013
Well I have seen a few online and let me say this, if its one thing I love is having a pipe while I drive the truck around. I do have a bit of problem solving skills and I think I will attempt to design and build a great pipe holder for the truck.
More to come on the progress for this. :idea:

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Blackbeard
Good luck and please post your results
Right now I lean it on the ashtray - not the best way to hold it

blackbeard82

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2013
Yes I know there is a better way and I am not only trying to design a one time build. I would like to make something easy enough to be a bit of a mass produce, and yes I will share!

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
2013-01-18135538_zpsa3aa3ac3.jpg

Here is what works with most of my pipes

rebornbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2013
United Kingdom
A bean bag type would seem the best to me - and would fit all sizes of pipes. Push it into the bean bag to keep it level. I wouldn't dream of smoking a pipe while driving in the UK - we have to change gear here :)
(50% of all profits please!) :lol:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Cup holders work great with bent pipes. I found one of those rubber pipe holders for the car work well with straights, but they stick to the dashboard with tape. I might try some Velcro though...

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
I have a couple of the old magnetic ones, you can imagine how useless they are as it's hard to find any metal in a car now. I'll keep a watch on this thread for the progress.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I have no problem driving a standard (sticks shift) transmission and smoking a pipe. But, I like to clench. Pipe tends to go out more often when I'm driving, because I'm more focused on the driving, but I think it's a good trade-off (and will get better with more practice). If the pipe goes out, it goes out. Wait for a stop sign, or red light, or a good stretch of road at constant speed to address the issue.
Oh, I'm also pretty good at eating and driving stick too. Somehow, I actually stain my shirt/pants LESS in the car, than when I eat at home. Go figure!

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lucite-Tobacco-Pipe-Rest-with-Sticky-Bottom-Mount-in-Car-or-Boat-4-1-2-L-/261306821490?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd719ab72
Just saw this on ebay, looks like it might be a good option.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Get a thick walled plastic cup. Cut it down about an inch taller then your cup holder. Cut a channel wide enough for your stem width. Take a small piece of cloth and ball it up to go inside the cup to cradle your bowl. Should hold your pipe nice and secure so it can't roll around and you'll have an emergency rag for spilled if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.