PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Man this stuff is good for an inexpensive rum. Went through a bottle last night, and bought another today. Straight, mixed with pineapple juice, probably good with Coke as well. Natural coconut flavoring, and easy drinking. Bought this for a "Summery" beverage, and am quite taken with it. I'm quite drunk right now, but this is a terribly pleasant rum.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
My favorite and remarkably inexpensive rum is
pyrat_rum_wide.jpg

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I've been on a big Kraken, and Black Heart kick lately, but the coconut is a nice change of pace. Will have to give Pyrat a go too! Thank God for auto correct my spelling sucks right now. :mrgreen:

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Pusser's is great stuff. I have a bottle that is atleast 25 years old. I take a little here and there. My everyday rum is Sailor Jerry. Inexpensive, but tasty and mixes well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
chasing', I thought for sure this was a pipe tobacco blend. It sounds a little rich, but I was ready to read about it. Maybe some blender somewhere is listening.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
CE, sounds like you got your catharpings crossed last night
Catharpings crossed, and three sheets to the wind! :rofl: Surprised I didn't wake up to a hangover.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
chasing', I thought for sure this was a pipe tobacco blend. It sounds a little rich, but I was ready to read about it. Maybe some blender somewhere is listening.
Hmmmm. It would make for a delightful aromatic.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I got hooked on rum drinks while vacationing in the British Virgin Islands (where my Avatar picture was taken) Hard to beat Pussers, and Captain Morgan Dark. I sure wish these would not wreck havoc on my blood sugar levels. I could drink it everyday.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
The captain had a little too much Captain
What I didn't mention was that I awoke this morning on my front lawn in the rain. No recollection of how I got there. :mrgreen:

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I used to drink Myers Dark Rum all of the time. But when Kraken came out, I tried it and never looked back. I love Kraken Rum! Capt. Morgan Coconut is a good change of pace rum.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
These flavored rums don't sit well with me. But I've never met a bottle of Mount Gay or Appleton Estate or the pride of Australia, Stubbs White Rum, that didn't have me hoisting the black flag and looking for throats to cut.
Let's talk spirits more often. To get a couple of old timers like Bob and Hobie to start typing is a coup.
Fnord

Jan 8, 2013
My two rums of choice right now are Captain Morgan Black, and Captain Morgan Private Stock. I plan on enjoying a bit of both today with a bowl or two of Black Frigate... while watching Black Sails. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.