PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
It goops. If it weren't for the goop, Captain Black would be my favorite tobacco. When a tobacco goops, I get as mad as I do when a fly won't let me sleep. I often want to give up pipe smoking all together. I just finished a small supply of 1Q, which didn't goop at all, and now I'm left with a supply of tobaccos that made me give up pipe smoking a few years ago. With over a week til I get paid, I'm stuck here wondering if I'll still be smoking when that time comes. I'm not really wanting to spend money on a guess. I've given away probably a half pound of tobaccos recently, because they goop. That's money that I spent. At an average of $4 an oz, that's $32 wasted. It seems as if the tobacco that I have left will goop no matter how long I leave it out to dry. I am thinking about Penzance, but I'd probably give up smoking altogether if that turned out to be another gooper.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I left my pouch of CB open for about a week or so. Still wet lol. But better.
I'll never buy the stuff again, but I can see why it's liked.
So what are some other tobaccos that you like? Maybe we can reccomend other tasty treats.
And Penzance comes pretty damp. Give it a good dry time before attempting anything.

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
Cherry Cavendish is one that I like. That, 1Q, and the taste of CB White. I haven't smoked enough yet to know what others I like.

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
Yes facing same when smoking CBW.

Thanks nsfisher will try your drying method for satisfying smoke.

:puffy:

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
I really do not have a "goop" problem with CBW and I have been smoking it for most of 20+ years, just need to ensure you dry it a bit when you get it from the can, and keep your pipes clean, but I cannot say I have had major problems with smoking CBW, and I love the taste and room note.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Great tips here, thanks! I always keep CBW on hand, so I'm going to try these too!

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
I think it may be time to get a new pipe. I've been smoking the same one for the last month. I'm pretty sure it's the pipe, because even the first smoke was a bit goopy.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I've never had a gooping issue with CBW either. I mostly pick up a cob when I'm smoking that blend. Good stuff just needs a bit more nic.

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
@ uberam3rica, yes, it is my only pipe. I want more pipes, but just cannot afford one at the moment. I have to wait another week before I get paid, and however long it takes for an order to arrive.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I've had a bit of the goop from CBW. 1-Q is a bit like CBR and I think it's Lane BCA that is like an improved CBW. If you can't afford a new briar, get a couple MM Cobs and smoke them while your briar rests. A MM Legend is only about $5 and is great with 1-Q or CBW.

Status
Not open for further replies.