PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Dear Pipe Smokers,
I've purchased a new nonsmoked pipe from small tobacconist in Dubai - UAE that cost me 112$, model carved on pipe is "Captain Black", and other side "Made in England, 803T".
I've made a long research on the internet to find any info about the pipe, only found it on chaines site that contains shopping info and a photo.
http://1881.com.tw/shop/goods-499.html
After doing more and more search, I got that it was made by BBB for Captain Black; is it real? does anyone saw pipe made by Captain Black with gold spot before? and is it a rare pipe? It's really smokes well and its briar quality is medium to high.
Please your wisdom

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
BBB made very good quality pipes, once upon a time. I can't speak to this particular pipe, but there was a time when some of the tobacco companies would get pipe makers to make pipes for them with the tobacco company's name on it. Enjoy it!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I guess you could say it's "rare" in the sense that there are so few out there and so little info on them. For my part, I'd love to add one to my collection if just to have one.
-Jason

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
nfisher, thanks dear, it is my good luck to find such pipe.
jchaplick, I think the captain blakc you saw has anchor sign not the gold spot, right? I saw it before in many stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.