PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Well I just took advantage of the buy three get three CB Dark pouches at Pipesandcigars. For good measure, since my jar of Black House is a little less than half full, I decided I better get a bit more of that wonderful stuff too. Well the the tins are on back order so I settled for bulk. I haven't had Black House in bulk yet so I'm hoping there's not too much difference. I love the stuff. All in all, including shipping, the order is costing me $36.77 for 11oz of tobacco. I'd say that's pretty decent. I'm looking forward to trying the CB Dark. I've heard some pretty good things about it so far. I almost looked elsewhere for the CB Dark (I heard Smoking Pipes has it at a low price too) but I love Black House, and wanted to show support for Pipesandcigars and Russ Oullette, by saying... well... "I love Black House, and P and C deserves my support because frankly, I believe they do care about their business and customers." Thanks P and C. And thanks Russ Oullette, for Black House. :)

Jan 8, 2013
My shipment came in this morning, and I have to say kudos P&C for a timely delivery. However, I ordered two ounces of Black House and only received one. I know I was charged for two, but the invoice shows only one with an amount paid of only one. I'm not going to stress over it. I'm sure as soon as I get in touch with customer service, they'll be able to help me out. (NOTE: I took a quick look at my transaction history just now, and was indeed only charged for the total on my invoice. I'm guessing they only had enough Black House on hand to give me one ounce, as it was on the order. Ok so that being said, all is well with my order then. However, they could have shot me an email.)
Ok, anyway all is good. I loaded up my Peterson St Patty's Day 2013 with CB Dark about an hour an a half ago (I'm being totally serious)and it's still burning quite nicely. I had to relight two or three times, because I got a bit lazy on the puff. It seems to put out a lot of smoke, which I love. I like to see a good cloud of smoke when I puff. I am detecting zero bite... absolutely zero! Even when I puff like a dragon! I'm no super awesome tobacco expert like some here, so I can't tell you about three thousand different things I detect in taste and smell. But I can tell you it has a pleasant room note, and is a quite enjoyable smoke. I really like this stuff.
So, I received my CB Dark, I received half of my Black House (I can't be too upset. It's not like I ordered a pound and only got an ounce), and the order arrived in four days even with a Sunday in the middle. All in all that's pretty good. :)

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I certainly hope P&C is getting their inventory back on track. I am still waiting for my 2 tubs of Prince Albert ordered 3 weeks ago.

Jan 8, 2013
I laughed when I read your post, roth. I really liked paying for the low price just as well. And I'm sure I'll buy more at the regular price. Pipesandcigars.com really made it a great deal. I'm sure your friend will be set for a while with 30 pouches :)

Status
Not open for further replies.