PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinecwby

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2013
Good evening friends. Wanted to see if anybody out there has tried the new Captain "Dark" and your thoughts. I ordered a pouch from Pipe and Cigars, and the mailing service was great. This is straight up black Cavendish. It smells incredible, and tastes superb. I cant find it in any of the drugstores, so ordered it online. Glad I did. Im a fan of the Capn, and aromatics. Ive always been partial to CB Royal, but this one is nice. Goes well with a good brew, or after supper and a bowl of ice cream. Let me know what you guys think. Smoking it first as usual out of my Mizz Meer. Its goopy, but I like it. Have a great weekend brothers... MC :puffy:

marinecwby

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2013
You bet bro. What is the name of the Lane limited that is like CB Royal, but better. Want to find it, but cant remember the name...Thanks

marinecwby

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2013
That's it. Many thanks Rothnh. Heard about it, and CB Royal is my fav. Ill try it. MC

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
If you end up trying 1Q most chances are you will not regret it, I mean there is a reason it is the number one selling pipe tobacco in America.

~Ron

marinecwby

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2013
I don't know man, Im on my second bowl of Dark, and its getting better and better to me. Room note is really good. Little lady even asked, "what is that?" She knew it was something different..and liked it very much. She has an aromat nose for sure! LoL...

marinecwby

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2013
Been wanting to get some for awhile now. Good point with the best seller. I agree

Jan 8, 2013
I got the CB Dark when P and C had the buy one get two sale when it first came out. I like it a lot, and smoke it quite often.

marinecwby

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2013
I like it(CB Drk), but have in the last hour or so gone back to my CB Royal. Ordered some 1Q tonite. Looking forward to it..MC

marinecwby

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2013
Royal is hard to beat in my opin. Burns well, smooth, no bite, smells good, tastes good. If this is the low end of 1Q, then Im in for a treat. Been smoking CBR for 22 yrs off and on. CBW is ok too..

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Haven't sampled Captain Black Dark yet, but it will definitely be in my next order. I've only heard good things about it.
1Q is pretty amazing. If you're into aromatics it's one you definitely should order a couple ounces of.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I ordered a couple ounces of Lanes BCA not too long ago and its my goto baccy now. I'm going to hunt down and try the other black Cavendish's , such as MC's VBC, when they're is gone I'll order pounds of whichever I'm liking best.

marinecwby

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2013
Thanks for the posts gentlemen. I hear Lanes BCA is pretty much black Cavendish. I picked up my pipes about 2 months ago after a 15 year hiatus. Never smoked the B&M tins other than a few Dunhills. Mostly an OTC guy. But Now that Im older, I see myself staying with the pipe. It suits me, and my personality. Never even had a bowl of 1Q believe it or not. I love CBR, and yall are telling me that its even better. I sure am enjoying making new friends on here. Learning a lot. Thanks brothers...MC

Status
Not open for further replies.