PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I've been reading some interesting reviews and was wondering if anybody around here has tried it. I really enjoy latakia and I understand this is supposed to be heady stuff, as in guaran-damn-teed to put hair on your chest.
Thoughts?
Fnord

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
It's lovely stuff. I think all the "lat bomb" stuff is a bit of hype, Ten Russians is a very well behaved blend.

Jul 15, 2011
Just got a tin of it and am thinking about popping it open for my next blend. I too have heard it is a lat bomb but I loves me a good English in these cold Illinois winters.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
jpberg actually sent me a rather large sample earlier this year and I fell in love with the stuff, but it is a high-Nicotine beast. I've since added more to my cellar and hope to add even more.
One thing I did notice after smoking it... All other latakia blends seem very muted after smoking this one. It seemed to me to take a few days to wear off which gave me the chance to smoke some VaPers and Aros.
YMMV
-Jason

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I've got a tin open now. It's decent stuff. Lots of latakia, although I don't find it as complex as some other heavy lat blends.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
I agree with Jud - it doesn't seem to be very complex, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Ten Russians is a straightforward latakia blend that is simple and delicious with a fairly high amount of nicotine.

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
Picked up a couple tins on my last order and am halfway through the first. I have placed it on a definite re-order list. Great flavor, and strong ( heady for sure is a good description) as hell. Definitely a "hair-on-your-chest" blend. I am usually a 2-3 bowl a day smoker. This blend comes after a meal for me, and I restrict it to small and medium bowls. I smoked it in one of my big nordings a few days ago and floated through the rest of the evening. Good stuff for sure.
EDIT
I actually crumbled more than I needed the other day and had about half a bowl left in my drying dish. I mixed it even with my morning blend, Altadis Balkan 2, and it produced a very good smoke. While the ten Russians had the nic kick, it was mellowed by the all day Altadis and was just a nice rich English as a result that didn't spin my head for half the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.