Capstan Tobacco - A Late P&C Back Order!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I heard that turn around times from some internet retailers can be frustrating but getting your back order from 1938 filled is just a little bit too much folks!
Seriously I picked this up last week. Contents is as solid as a rock, no shake or rattle with no air holes or anything. I must say I have seen these 1/4 pound tins before being sold by a certain Ebay seller who will remain nameless in the past as his offerings can be a little suspect in regard to condition and I would need my head looked at if I paid the insane premiums he is asking for his tat. Anyway here it is in its full glory an unopened tin of Capstan from the late 1930s..
tin_01_zpsi6xsice6.jpg

tin_02_zpshwqsofth.jpg

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Cool find. Are you going to smoke it?
So, my pound Penzance should arrive in roughly 2092. I'll mark the calendar. Thanks for the heads up.

May 31, 2012
SHAZAM!

:!:
That thing looks in mighty fine condition!
8O

...drool drool
What a great find!
The doggies danglies 'n the bitches tits fersure fersure!

:P
:
:
:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PqLBz48iUc

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Wow, I would be tearing myself up right now trying to decide if I was keeping it sealed or having a bowl.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I'd chip into a fund to persuade CL1 to crack that open and smoke it and report. I bet it is in fine smoking shape.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Wow, I would be tearing myself up right now trying to decide if I was keeping it sealed or having a bowl.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@shaintiques: I thought you only accepted 30 year old Balkan Sobranie for birthday gifts! :rofl: Actually guys the tin has gone to a good and loving home were it will be shared with many pipers and was passed on at my cost at a tad over $100. Thank you for all the crazy offers but profiteering from lucky finds was never my style. If you know the gentlemen and you ask him nicely maybe he will send you a sample. Have a great weekend! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.