PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
This blend has been a pleasant surprise.
I bought this tin and it came with almost three years of age on it. No complaints here.
My first suggestion. Open the tin, close it for a month, and then put it in a mason jar. That is what I did on accident, and this is sublime.
The flakes break apart in seconds. To a very nice consistency, perfect for loading.
The initial light reveals a nice sweet fresh tobacco taste I have come to love from virginias. Almost a sweet hay. But it ends there. Once your pipe starts smoldering, with the thick white clouds of greasy goodness called smoke, there is an onslaught of bread and a slight sweetness that is almost tart. In good way. The entire bowl stays full and develops for as long as you smoke it.

Not a single relight, and it burns to a nice mixed color ash.

No chance of a bite, but you do feel that Va nip every now and then. Personally, I enjoy it.

Nic is medium. Not really strong, but enough to keep you satisfied.
As a lover of Va, I am glad this worked out for me. This will be a staple from now on.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I really like Capstan Flake Blue. I switch between it and Wessex Campaign Dark Flake as my go to medium straight Virginia blends.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I agree with all you wrote! I have a special nostalgic love of Capstan as it was my first "real" (not from a drugstore and not aromatic) tobacco I ever smoked. The lovely blue tin only makes it better haha.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Yes this is a good smoke. I bought quite a bit until they raised the price on it.

beo-1213-600x448.jpg

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Wow, what a beautiful picture! The price increase is the only thing holding me back from buying it regularly. :(

I have one tin stored away, as I'm sure a little age on it would make it even better, but next time I have the spare cash to make a tobacco order, I'll get another tin to smoke in the present.

Oct 7, 2016
Always liked the version available in the late 80's and 90's, a non sponsor general is having a 15% off sale today, believe I will get a couple of tins of both. Will have to be great to convince me it is worth even 85% of the price. And that it needs some dry time is no change from the past.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016

oldgeezersmoker

Can you PM me the site having that discount?

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
That "non sponsor" now has 3 tins of CB left in stock. Almost picked them up myself.

Oct 7, 2016
Tobacco Joe, I have seen a reference to how many of an item a vendor has in stock for a particular item for another vendor, now your reference, neither of which give me this info. How do you do that?

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I just opened my first tin of Blue Flake this past week, to see if I like it enough to stock up. Straight from a new tin, it is rather enjoyable. I plan to purchase a few tins to age. How does the Yellow compare?

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
oldgeezersmoker: The website in question lists the number they currently have in stock directly under the price on each item's page.

Status
Not open for further replies.