PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
got home late last night (or early this morning depending on your point of view) decided that 5AM is the perfect time for steak and pasta so I threw a sirloin in the pan and made some garlic butter coated noodles. It was delicious.(of course it was I'm an awesome cook ask anybody) After dinner I was stuffed and decided on a pipe and some coffee to aid in the digestion process.

So I cracked the tin of CAO's Eilleens Dream. Now when I first cracked this tin a few days ago the potency of the smell nearly knocked me off my feet, but having sat for two days in a now unsealed tin did a lot for that. I should explain I'm not a fan of intense aromatics most of the time and unsealing the tin result in an almost syrupy sweet smell. However after a few days in the unsealed tin it was really mellowed out and significantly closer to an aromatic cased tobacco than that first whiff which seemed more like maybe casing with some tobacco floating in it. Encouraged by this I packed up into my HIS 8" mini Churchwarden.
The Charring light was also encouraging. The scent blossomed nicely into a rich fullness in which I could detect the Irish Cream, cream and white chocolate flavors. The flavorings were not overly powerful and the tobacco lent to these flavors and was accented by them rather than overpowered.
Flash forward about ten minutes and I've poured myself a nice cup of coffee, well...so it's half and half Kahlua and coffee with a splash of heath creamer. (For those of you concerning yourself yes it's 6am but I work night shift so it's my evening :P )
The real lighting of the pipe was incredible, it hand mellowed a bit more while in the pipe while I was getting myself a drink. It seemed to draw the coffee on my taste buds out, strip it out of it's overalls and flannel, show it to me naked, then put it in the finest silken gown. The room note was excellent, lightly toasted chocolate with nutty undertones, like you'd imagine a Ferrero Rocher smelling while it's cooking.
I picked up my coffee cup in one hand, pipe in the other, leaned back and closed my eyes. No longer was I on the couch in the living room of my little 2 bedroom bachelor pad, after a rough day doing tech support. I was enjoying my after dinner drinks with royalty, in the library at some far off palace, after having spent a harrowing day hashing out peace treaties with the neighboring countries. After this pipe we'll all be returning home to tell our respective kingdoms that peace has finally been achieved in our region. But for now we'll keep some of that peace to ourselves. After all being King is tiring, and I need this few minutes of respite.
All in All, isn't that half the fun of the pipe? The relaxation, the peace, the rest after a hard day's work, and just for a minute forgetting where you were in the story of your life and being able to write it yourself?
I'll certainly be adding this blend to my rotation. It tells me great stories. :puffy:

Jul 15, 2011
Im about a quarter of the way through a tin of this stuff myself and I have to say it is fantastic. It behaves really well for an aromatic and has a nice natural tobacco flavor to it without that chemical taste some aromatics carry, and if allowed to dry it it burns to a pretty dry ash. If you like this stuff, check out their Moontrance as well. Damn good stuff.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Great review. As I sit here, it's a quarter past midnight, reading this, you're right. The pipe does have a way of transporting you depending on the note, flavor and ambiance. I'll try this blend based upon your review and the description you that you wrote. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.