PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

raftergtex

Lurker
Mar 18, 2010
Interesting, in that I distinctly remember having a cigar of the same name prior to discovering pipe smoking. Makes me begin to wonder which other pipe tobaccos might work as a cigar. One could build a brand, for example, on some room-clearing blends. Call it "In Your Face," and market it to the bad guy types.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Rafter:
I've often thought the same thing. Why not some higher quality pipe tobacco cigars. Something besides Middleton's for the blunt smoking crowd.
I'd think a nice quality VaPer or English blend cigar would be quite tasty. Use the Cuban Sandwhich approach of cramming the shorter pipe tobacco cut between longer filler leaves.
I guess I never developed a palate to be a discriminating cigar smoker. TO me most cigars taste like well...cigars. I enjoy them and was actually a fairly dedicated cigar smoker for a time 10-12 years ago. But I never really "got it".

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Great review bob. This was on my list of aros to try. Still might give it a go. Was there a chemical taste to it? Thanks for a great review.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Kevin Said:

Even though CAO marketed a cigar line and a pipe tobacco line with the same names, they are not the same tobacco.
Correct me if I am wrong Bob.
That's correct Kevin. There is no cigar leaf in their CAO Flavors pipe blends.
Sapo Said:

Was there a chemical taste to it?
No. There was no chemical taste at all. It just had that generic sweet taste that I don't care for. If I am smoking an Aromatic, I want it to taste like whatever it is supposed to taste like. If they say Irish Cream & White Chocolate, I want to taste those flavors, not just sweetness.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I haven't ordered any yet but Thompson Cigar sells a pipe tobacco cigar and was thinking of giving it a shot. Still only flavored but figured I try a vanilla and see if it is just like a big black and mild. However I have herd their pipe tobacco isn't half bad so it might be enjoyable hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.