PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I also am worried about my insomnia. It is getting so bad recently that I am losing sleep over it.
winton

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Havent been able to sleep for 4 days

Me either. I can usually sleep for no more than seven hours, eight max. Seriously, my wife is an insomniac and it's a terrible thing to put up with. I hope that your issue is only going to be temporary. Get help before it begins to affect your health.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Exercise. Go out for a walk. You need to tire out your body in order to sleep. Always worked for me.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Bayou Night in a small pipe normally puts me out. Otherwise, I'm on medication because lack of sleep makes my condition worse.
Hope you catch some zzzzzzz's soon!

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Jaysin, try to systematic your day, make a suitable timetable for your activities including meals time. walk for 1 hour per day, try not smoke before sleeping time around 2 hours, and avoid smoking in your bedroom. Drink at least 3 liters of water per day and give some concern to type of your food. I hope you get better

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Not that I'm saying that anyone here should immediately run the their Physician, but my wife has the worst time falling and staying asleep on the nights she doesn't work. (She works overnights and it's seriously messed up in the normal sleep department.) She takes Ambien and it works well for her usually, but every now ant then, it doesn't do anything. Me, on the other hand, I can sleep almost as soon an my head hits the pillow and stay that way until the damn alarm wakes me up.
jaysin, I know you've said in the past that you have ADHD, have you tried anything to get yourself tired? I feel that those that suffer from ADD & ADHD fall into two camps, those who are always "on", like you, and those who are "off". I used to work with a guy who had really bad ADHD and he said that if he slept for 4 hours a night it was a good night. Four hours in my bare minimum....
I feel for you, brother. Here's hoping you get some well-deserved sleep.
-Jason

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Thanks everyone. Lordnoble Its part of it is the ADHD normally takes me 2 to 3 hrs to fall asleep. But this not being able to sleep well long story short when I was younger the girl I was engaged to was pregnant and she was raped lost the baby and one day flipped out and put a gun to her head and well u can fuger out what happend. I wittnessed the whole thing and still have nightmares not something a 16 yr old should have to deal with. I still have nightmares about that night and when I do it keeps me from sleeping for a week or so.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Wow. You may want to smoke something a little stronger and possibly more towards the illegal side of the tin...if you know what I mean or it will at least help to calm you down.

chops

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
I also have had trouble sleeping. I thought it might be a reaction to the nicotine or something.
Sorry to hear about what you witnessed. That's a terrible thing to carry.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
The one time I stayed awake for 4 days straight, I hallucinated some of the most awesome and terrifying things that sleep sep still scares the living shit out of me to this day. I am so sorry for what you had to witness, brother.

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
It surely is terrible. I suffer from it also. Try going for long walks, deep breathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.