PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Am trying to get a message. Instead I get a notice to log in. I am logged in. I tried logging out then back in. No change. Please help.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Try deleting your browser's cookies? Might help...

Be aware you'll have to re-login to any other sites you might be logged into.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Messages have been quirky for me, too. Some of my messages have disappeared from my sent folder...just vanished.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The only way I seem to get messages without a lot of poking around is by clicking on the link in the e-mail notice. Often over the last few weeks when I open a browser an click on the pipesmag. Link it will not have logged me in automatically as it always did. So I then log in, and then reload the page in question. HTH.

Aug 14, 2012
Thanks. I had tried that but the messages I need are not there. One of the guys here wanted to buy a few pipes. I did not record his email and name because they were here on this site. Now I can't reach him. If he sees this please contact me again.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
@bonehed How would deleting cookies help with login or getting messages?
Also, many browsers will allow selective deletion of cookies. Blowing them all out is extreme.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Sounded, to me, like the site wasn't sure if he was logged in our not. Maybe a conflicting cookie or something... /shrug

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I have the same problem. The problem is the server. AT&T, my server, will not deliver messages to me directly. I have to go to my message archives to pick up mail.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'm stuck with ATT also, and just moments ago I get a message I cannot access at all. Where is message archives located, please.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Guys: I also noticed some missing sent messages (already read by the receiving member). I notified Kevin and will update him to this thread.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Ok guys. I'm working on trying to figure out what is actually happening here so I can then get it fixed.
Are we talking about the private message system here in the forums, or the other messaging system that ties to the front end profiles?
Also, Booker said:

I believe that happens if the recipient deletes the message.
That is correct.
Anyway I need clarification on what is actually happening, but it may just be the above from Booker, and it has always been that way.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My experience parallels duvet's— private messages for which I get an e-mail notification, but aren't accessible under Messages under My Account.

Status
Not open for further replies.