PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Have you ever had a pipe that when attempting to push a cleaner through the shank you couldn't hit the hole? I've got one, the Professor by Peterson, that causes me problems. I think I'm going to have to break out my 120 Lumen Surelight to find it. I eventually, after several pokes, hit it but it takes a bit to locate.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Ya know. I have a dremel tool drill that I use ever so often to bore out the hole a bit on some pipes. Not due to clogs really but so that I get better flow. It's your call but I have been much happier with 4 of my pipes after a little machining.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I'm not touching that line.
Yep, I knew that was going to be wide open after I titled it. I use to be able to find things like that in the dark much better. :mrgreen:
I'll try bending a bit more. Maybe I didn't have enough curvature in it. Flour trick?

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Im a newly wed so i not having an issue at all!!
In all seriousness, my peterson XL 220 is the same way. I think its just because of the severe bend. Luckily it doesnt have much of an issue with gurgling.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I have a pete meer dr watson and to get to the hole i have to get the pipe cleaner past the bend as far as it will go then turn the body over while twisting it in while holding the bottom firmly. :rofl:

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I have a feeling I'll encounter the same situation with the Watson I'll pick up tomorrow. They tried to deliver it today but I wasn't home, naturally, and it was sent registered mail. Oddly enough, the 307 has a good bend in it but I have no problem with it.
Maybe I wasn't holding the bottom correctly. There's an art to everything. :puffy:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
This is prolly not the problem, but I notice that my pipe cleaners have one smooth, straight end and the other end has a ever so slight bend at the tip (not easy to see). This is enough for me not to be able to get it through - but the other end is in like like Flint.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
It seems most of mine(Long's)are pretty much the same. Not every one but most are, however.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I have a Bari Wiking that the hole is drilled way off, I don't think you will EVER get a pipe cleaner through, I like the pipe and even thought about re-drilling it, but I don't want to mess it up...So I'll just deal with it, I have another Boswell, a full bend that about half the time I can get a cleaner through...Otherwise I wait until it cools off and clean it

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I just got a Nording yesterday & couldn't get a pipe cleaner through it, too tight! Haven't had that problem in a while. Try it again tonight.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Can+t+find+the+hole....+Not+exactly+off+to+a+great_2ea513_4020375.jpg

26300735.jpg
26612168.jpg

You may have to try adjusting yourself as you fish for the hole?

gas-pos.jpg

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Now that is one big gal!! What you reckon...about 800 pounds? Lot of lovin' there, John think you can handle it? :D that last pic reminds me of the stupidity going on at the college campus here where some guy ended up in the hospital with an alcohol level four times over the legal limit but now catch this. It didn't go down the regular way. He does an alcohol enema to get drunk!! How stupid does that get? What idiots. They closed the entire frat house down and everyone has to leave in ten days. It's been all over the news-even CNN had a special on it.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Times sure are changing quickly.
They demonize anything fun in the media except stupidity and booze. Then you get these sorry ass kids who have no imagination or balls to explore the real world with an intelligent eye so all they know is pussy, booze and fighting.

Sadly they can only explore what their tiny minds understand and that they do! From alcohol enemas to injecting syringes of pure nicotine (uh yes, they do that to). Some of my buddies are hooked on legal powders you get online for weightlifting but it's basically like some scary meth type drug. The way they behave on that stuff is just screwy but they think it's normal. Yet, they make fun of me smoking and tease me about dying of cancer soon and being "a touchy feely person". Oh man...oh man....Dean Martin would slap them sideways!

Status
Not open for further replies.