Can't Find Penzance, Can't Find 1792 Flake?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hey, if you can't seem to come up with either of these 2 blends, but you still want something special. Try some Old Dark Fired by MacBarren's! I like Penzance and I really like 1792 Flake, but both can be hard to find at times. I got a tin of Old Dark Fired in my last baccy order a couple weeks ago. I dug it out today and gave er a go. Glad I did. Now don't misunderstand, I am not saying it takes the place of either of the above 2 blends, but.... it sure is a nice smoke, when you are looking for something special.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I agree fisher! I dry mine out pretty good and it's a great smoke. I have 14 tins in the cellar and gonna

get more before it goes scarce again.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
It looks to me like Old Dark Fired can get pretty scarce itself, at times.
(Although it is definitely a million times easier to come by than Penzance)
1792 Flake doesn't seem that hard to get lately, but it follows a regular cycle of disappearance like all of the Sam Gawith blends.
People are really snapping up the ODF for the cellar; I have a feeling its because of the 100g for the price of 50g in such a strong and unique tobacco...

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I have 4 tins cellared and one jarred. My B&M just started carrying it (I gave the owner a sample) so I can usually get a tin or two at a time from them. Its not as cheap as online but it never is right? Its not double, so i'll buy a tin every now and then cuz you cant beat a good local B&M.

nehemias88

Lurker
Sep 28, 2012
I got some 1792 here in the city. I bought the last two on display but I've last time I passed by there, I saw a few more just waiting to be enjoyed by the display counters.

nehemias88

Lurker
Sep 28, 2012
I mean NYC by the way. But no luck on penzance. Seems like a really rare tin to come by. Very good reviews as well. Definitely worth a try from what people are saying.

Aug 14, 2012
I have 4 boxes (not tins) of 1792 I would be willing to sell for the current value. I got them early this year and they are unopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.