Can't find Lane's burley mild online, help?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnpiper

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2013
Can anyone help me track this one down? I am in Canada, and haven't been able to find this tobacco anywhere! Please help me reunite with an old flame!

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
It's Lane BL/WB or Burley Light Without Bite. We carry it and also ship to Canada.
Rich

4noggins.com

dawnpiper

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2013
Not to doubt you fine gentlemen, but I am on a limited budget and cannot afford to be mistaken. Pipestud of tobacco reviews.com reviewed Burley Mild, and BLWB individually, spoken well of Burley Mild, and trod upon BLWB. What he desrcibes of Burley Mild agrees with what I have experienced with it. What I read of BLWB I am not interested in. Can anyone meet me further down the rabbit hole?

dawnpiper

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2013
What I have had was labelled Burley Mild and definitely had no casing, or topping. It was woodsy, nutty, a little sweet. I am telling you guys, it was the best Burley I have ever had... but I have never had the Americans- PA, CH, SWR. Of those three which one might match up to what I have described?

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
They discontinued most of their bulk blends a number of years ago. That is why they are probably the best ones to help you - they can let you know the production status of Burley Mild at the very least.
If that fails, then I would take up Rich on the BL/WB...
If that fails, I would order samples of Prince Albert, Carter Hall, and Sir Walter Raleigh. That is the best way to try the old codger blends without ready retail access to them...

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
@dawnpiper: If your tastes seem to agree closely with those of Pipestud, the prolific reviewer from "that other review site",

and an active and prominent member of the pipe smoking community, then by all means follow your instincts.
Personally I can't figure out what the guy is doing (though the stats are somewhat telling).

He has been reviewing since 2002, and has reviewed 1000 different blends. That means that at

most he takes only 3.7 days to assess a blend and write the review. In my experience that

means his contact with most of those blends has to be somewhat superficial. -- For what it's worth (ahem).

Status
Not open for further replies.