PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhhiggy

Lurker
Jun 23, 2019
Got a real sweet tooth and trying to substitute tobaccos for eating desserts going to be getting some Solani X Sweet Mystery and Cult Blood Red Sky and would like more suggestions thanks for any replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Nording Hunter's Blend Labrador if you can find it.
Other than that:
Scotty's Trout Stream

PS 24 Nougat

Boswell's Piper's Pleasure and Raspberry Cream

CAO Eileen's Dream or Moontrance

Cornell and Diehl Autumn Evening

Lane 1Q
The Scotty's and Boswell ones are particularly sweet

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Smoke nice straight Va blends. I'm struggling understanding the logic of substituting smoking to replace sugar. I'm finishing my third bowl of Va for the day, all 3 have been very sweet (at least to my taster) and the tobacco has been very enjoyable.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
One word, Boswell... They have super amazing aromatics if your looking for very sweet. The Raspberry cream suggestion is really good, I'd also suggest their chocolate tobaccos, and my favorite is the berry cobbler, very good.

nhhiggy

Lurker
Jun 23, 2019
So I’ve ordered the following CAO Moontrance, Autumn Evening by C&D and Cult Blood Red Moon.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
If memory serves me right, Molto Dolce was delicious but super super wet. Granted it’s probably been like 5 years since I last smoked it. I wonder if Danimalia and I joined the forums at the same time, because Molto Dolce was all the rage when I first joined the forums as well.

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
Sutliff Creme Brûlée, Vanilla Custard and Chocolate Mousse are beyond decadent.

H & H Egg Nog, Lane BCA, Lane Dark Red, Lane MV1000, Sutliff 999, Sutliff Black Cordial,, Sutliff ZBC, and from P&C: Russ’ Snow Drift and Candy Cane Cocoa are all VERY sweet also. And all are available in bulk.

I personally did not care for Molto Dolce, aroma and flavor were very fake to me.

+1 on PS Nougat and anything Boswell

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
To my severely under developed palette:

Creme brûlée tastes like a perfectly seared medium rare bone in ribeye

Molto dolce tastes like the peanut shells on the floor at said steakhouse

But there is a reason why we have so many different blends!

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Molto Dolce is the ultimate crossover blend for vape curious pipe smokers. It literally boils in the bowl.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
It’s been a long while, if Creme Brulee is that much better than MD I’ll have to check it out. I just kind of skipped both of them over on my way back into religiously pipe smoking.
Really wanting to try PS 24, never really was big into Aro’s but since the end of McClelland’s I need new options.

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
Molto Dolce gets a lot of high scores, seems like usually non-aro guys. My personal experience is hands down to creme brûlée.

I am very much in the camp of buy small amounts of anything that seems like it may suit your tastes. Put flame to it and find out.

I currently have 104 blends that have been tried or are waiting to be tried. I use a simple spreadsheet with columns for name, type, content including flavorings, my impression of tin/jar aroma,smoking impression, a 1-5 score, whether or not to keep and how many ounces I have.

TobaccoReviews.com is a great resource for blend information and anecdotal experience of others.

I just know I can’t accurately remember and have ended up buying a blend I already tried and didn’t like!

tenton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 8, 2019
Here's some Aro's I've tried recently in the last year or so that you may like with some footnotes on each blend. Need to try for yourself as what works for me probably won't for you.
Molto Dolce - Nice aroma, zero bite, zero flavor and hard to keep lit.

Cult BRM - Pouch aroma made me sneeze and wife couldn't stand to be around it, but smokes okay and is sweet.

Suttlif Z50 - Better more balanced cherry blend than CBRM IMO.

Stokkebye 201 - Similar to BCA but more vanilla.

Lane BCA - The standard Black Cavendish for decades.

Country Squire Parsons Blend - Good balanced Burley Aro.

Lane MV-1000 - Virginia with artificial like flavor and aroma, didn't like it.

Newminster 201 Straight Black - Quite bland, not recommended for what you want.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
If memory serves me right, Molto Dolce was delicious but super super wet. Granted it’s probably been like 5 years since I last smoked it. I wonder if Danimalia and I joined the forums at the same time, because Molto Dolce was all the rage when I first joined the forums as well.
Looks like I joined a bit later, but I remember it being hyped quite a bit by its fans. Same with Cult BRM.
One of these days, I'm going to buy a tin to try out when I go stand across the street from the local High School and leer at all the, er, I mean, uh, watch out for predators.

Status
Not open for further replies.