Tags:  No tags yet. 
[closed]

Canceled Netflix This Morning

(26 posts)
  1. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Woke up to nasty weather, made coffee, lit up, and started IPAD,went to Netflix site and canceled Streaming plan and DVD plan that I've had for 10 yrs. Feedback colum had Other reason, I put down SUSAN RICE. Seems Netflix in their wisdom has installed her on the Board Of Directors. Not on my dime.

The Old Cajun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

lawmax3

Login to Send PM

Thanks Bradley. I will be cancelling today as well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

quote from the CEO.

“We are delighted to welcome Ambassador Rice to the Netflix board,” said Netflix co-founder and CEO Reed Hastings. “For decades, she has tackled difficult, complex global issues with intelligence, integrity and insight and we look forward to benefiting from her experience and wisdom.”

This guy is a f****** idiot.

Jason
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I cancelled last night for the same reason. I've been a Netflix customer for over 8 years.

Ubi Ignis Est?
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. georged

georged

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This is funny. I dumped Netfix last week after getting tired of their obvious---and tedious---social-engineering-minded bullshit.

Seems a backlash is underway.

Dogs live such short lives... and spend most it waiting for us to come home
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. ericusrex

ericusrex

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Seems like a mighty political post

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

At least you know who Rice is. I am continually being pressured to vote for board members at corporations, about whom I know nothing. One outfit called me up twice a day for a week trying to get me on the phone to vote (with their advice no doubt) on board members. Caller i.d. protected me. Legally, they have to ask, but it is a strange situation. None of these high roller board of director people is known to anyone but the insiders, and that's the way they want it. Huge payouts for part-time work.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. unadoptedlamp

unadoptedlamp

Login to Send PM

Never heard of her until now.

After a quick look, I see that she is a black woman who was in a position of power.

There doesn't appear to be anything so obviously controversial in her past, compared to anyone else who has held a position in office, to go so far as holding a grudge like this and cancelling a silly television subscription. What is this?

I don't see how this is related to pipes or anything about this hobby.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. dmcmtk

dmcmtk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

After a quick look, I see that she is a black woman who was in a position of power.

There doesn't appear to be anything so obviously controversial in her past, compared to anyone else who has held a position in office, to go so far as holding a grudge like this and cancelling a silly television subscription. What is this?

Must have been a very quick look. See Benghazi attack blamed on a video, see Taliban leaders exchanged for Bowe Bergdahl, see unmasking of U.S. citizens, surveillance, and the 4th Amendment...

Dave
    Duke Street Irregular
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. barepipe

barepipe

Login to Send PM

I thought we are not supposed to talk politics on this board, this seems to be flying awfully close to that edge and certainly has nothing to do with pipes.

Bare Pipe

Twitter: @Barepipes
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. coldsmoke

coldsmoke

Login to Send PM

Does Susan Rice smoke a pipe?

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. unadoptedlamp

unadoptedlamp

Login to Send PM

dmcmtk- Of course it was a quick look. I thought it would be somehow pipe related.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. lazar

lazar

Login to Send PM

What part of the "no political discussions" rule do you people not understand? Why is it so difficult to keep your mouths shut about your political beliefs? Do you not realize that every time you do it, it causes discord on the forum? And that 2 guys were recently banned for it? Get a grip - and go hang out somewhere else if you want to discuss this crap.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. curl

curl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Netflix under fire for showing too much smoking, then Susan Rice appointed to BOD.
    Coincidence?

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerfer

Login to Send PM

I can't imagine Netflix getting more information about you than it already has. Rice's addition to the board doesn't start a new era. It reinforces an existing one, and we've been paying them for that privilege for years.

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. coyja

coyja

Login to Send PM

A-freaking-men lazar.
    There are so many other rabbit holes where you can go to pat yourself on the back for verifying your own biases.
    I enjoy this forum for its lack of sway from the discussion at hand, that being pipes, pipe tobacco, and all things related in between.
    Please don't ruin it with more of the same circle jerk, secret decoder ring, partisan tin foil hat BS that can be found anywhere else.

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This thread has helped me pick out shills easier. So there's that.

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. lazar

lazar

Login to Send PM

coyja - you forgot the dog-whistle.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. lazar

lazar

Login to Send PM

This thread has helped me pick out shills easier. So there's that.

Shills for what, exactly?

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

MSO: Due diligence regarding voting for board members is really easy with the computer. Usually a "package" is available to read when board of directors are up for election. These bios are usually simply a listing of other boards the candidate sits on, schooling, business history, etc. They provide a base for further "sleuthing" should you wish. Then, after making a decision, there are usually blocs which want your proxy so your vote has a bit more weight. If you want to protect your investment in a company, voting is the only way.

And yes, the original post is purely "political". So, in before the lock!

A man without a shillelagh is a man without an expedient.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  21. thomasw

thomasw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Admittedly I don't understand the significance of this thread. I read the wiki page on this bureaucrat but nothing seemed obvious to me in its relation to pipe smoking. Is it simply that Netflix has hired a liberal minded person and that Netflix's content tends to advance and/or sympathize with liberal-minded agendas and that this hiring reconfirms their stance?

If so, there's nothing terribly eye-opening in that most of the EU/NA entertainment industry is for the most part concerned with advancing liberal-minded notions. It has been like this for a long time. So I miss the significance of this. Could someone explain it?

After some time he felt for his pipe. It was not broken, and that was something. Then he felt for his pouch, and there was some tobacco in it, and that was something more. Then he felt for matches and he could not find any at all, and that shattered his hopes completely.

The Hobbit
    Posted 1 year ago #
  22. pipesmokingtom

pipesmokingtom

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Also in before this gets closed. Woo.

If I'm a shill for not caring, then I'm a shill. I enjoy my activism, but this doesn't seem like it's worthy of my outrage. They're your duckets, though. I'm sure Netflix will miss you.

"We have an unspoken, mutual understanding to ignore the things we hate about each other so we can continue to enjoy the things we love about each other."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  23. prairiedruid

prairiedruid

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not well known is that Susan Rice is also in charge of the Strategic McClelland Reserve and has been releasing some varieties through various front Ebay accounts at extremely high prices. Rumors are that she has a black ops force relabeling Campbell Soup tins with McClelland labels as well. And don't get me started on the Deep State Dunhill project.....

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. dmcmtk

dmcmtk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not well known is that Susan Rice is also in charge of the Strategic McClelland Reserve and has been releasing some varieties through various front Ebay accounts at extremely high prices. Rumors are that she has a black ops force relabeling Campbell Soup tins with McClelland labels as well. And don't get me started on the Deep State Dunhill project.....

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. smokinginquirer

smokinginquirer

Login to Send PM

Somehow, I just knew this was going to get commented on here today. Just had that feeling. If you cut out every organization who went against your beliefs at one point or another, you'd find yourself very isolated, indeed. It's virtually impossible. The world is not so cut and dry.

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. zack24

zack24

Mod

Login to Send PM

Sitting in the airport in Cusco Peru catching up on the forum..come on guys- you know the rules on this stuff...Closing!

Posted 1 year ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cigrmaster, ben88, renfield, szconrad, paulfg, upnorth1, canadianpuffer