PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Woke up to nasty weather, made coffee, lit up, and started IPAD,went to Netflix site and canceled Streaming plan and DVD plan that I've had for 10 yrs. Feedback colum had Other reason, I put down SUSAN RICE. Seems Netflix in their wisdom has installed her on the Board Of Directors. Not on my dime. :evil:

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
quote from the CEO.
“We are delighted to welcome Ambassador Rice to the Netflix board,” said Netflix co-founder and CEO Reed Hastings. “For decades, she has tackled difficult, complex global issues with intelligence, integrity and insight and we look forward to benefiting from her experience and wisdom.”
This guy is a f****** idiot.
:evil:

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This is funny. I dumped Netfix last week after getting tired of their obvious---and tedious---social-engineering-minded bullshit.
Seems a backlash is underway. :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
At least you know who Rice is. I am continually being pressured to vote for board members at corporations, about whom I know nothing. One outfit called me up twice a day for a week trying to get me on the phone to vote (with their advice no doubt) on board members. Caller i.d. protected me. Legally, they have to ask, but it is a strange situation. None of these high roller board of director people is known to anyone but the insiders, and that's the way they want it. Huge payouts for part-time work.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Never heard of her until now.
After a quick look, I see that she is a black woman who was in a position of power.
There doesn't appear to be anything so obviously controversial in her past, compared to anyone else who has held a position in office, to go so far as holding a grudge like this and cancelling a silly television subscription. What is this?
I don't see how this is related to pipes or anything about this hobby.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
After a quick look, I see that she is a black woman who was in a position of power.
There doesn't appear to be anything so obviously controversial in her past, compared to anyone else who has held a position in office, to go so far as holding a grudge like this and cancelling a silly television subscription. What is this?
Must have been a very quick look. See Benghazi attack blamed on a video, see Taliban leaders exchanged for Bowe Bergdahl, see unmasking of U.S. citizens, surveillance, and the 4th Amendment...
:)

barepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2017
I thought we are not supposed to talk politics on this board, this seems to be flying awfully close to that edge and certainly has nothing to do with pipes.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
:!: What part of the "no political discussions" rule do you people not understand? Why is it so difficult to keep your mouths shut about your political beliefs? Do you not realize that every time you do it, it causes discord on the forum? And that 2 guys were recently banned for it? Get a grip - and go hang out somewhere else if you want to discuss this crap.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Netflix under fire for showing too much smoking, then Susan Rice appointed to BOD.

Coincidence?

cerfer

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2017
I can't imagine Netflix getting more information about you than it already has. Rice's addition to the board doesn't start a new era. It reinforces an existing one, and we've been paying them for that privilege for years.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
A-freaking-men lazar.

There are so many other rabbit holes where you can go to pat yourself on the back for verifying your own biases.

I enjoy this forum for its lack of sway from the discussion at hand, that being pipes, pipe tobacco, and all things related in between.

Please don't ruin it with more of the same circle jerk, secret decoder ring, partisan tin foil hat BS that can be found anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.