PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
No score at the end of the first. Feels like the gold medal game. Puffing on some LBF and the pipe is running a little hot! Anyone else watching?

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Think productivity will plummet across the country today. Still pumped from the women's gold yesterday.

petergunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2013
With NHL players Olympic hockey has lost some of the magic for me but I'm still watching ;)

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I love amateur hockey, but with the Olympics now accepting NHL Players, we get to watch the best players in the world compete. This is the best hockey on the planet and I am thrilled that we get to watch it every 4 years.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
This game is electric. To your point Neil, best hockey going, if not fully in the original spirit of the Olympics. The Games have become pretty commercialized but still some amazing moments.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Lets not forget Gentlemen that back when the "amateurs" played the Europeans were all playing professional players/teams like Russia's Red Army team. And don't kid yourself about the Olympics being amateur athletics, Usain Bolt is one of the highest paid athletes on the planet, the skiers compete for money in world cup events and track and field is all for money over in Europe. The best on best format is why Americans are even watching this, because they never did before NHL players were there, even in Lake Placid in 1980 it wasn't until the Americans got to the Semis in a Cinderella story did anyone care. Without best on best it won't be worth watching. Enjoy it now cause I think this is the last Olympics for the NHL and the new World Cup format will kick in.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Oh yeah, we can't forget how much money Bettman is missing out on with this 2 week break during the NHL season.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Guys, there is already one Olympic Hockey thread, please join that conversation.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/team-usa?replies=50#post-568258

Status
Not open for further replies.