PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Happy Canada Day my fellow Canuck's.
I started my day off on somewhat of a scavenger hunt looking for a limited edition sour beer from one of my favorite brewery's in town. Now, trying to decide what to smoke on this wonderful Summer day!
What will you guys be enjoying on this celebratory day?

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Yes happy Canada Day to all. My day started slow and we had a little rain outside. When that stopped and the grass dried I mowed the lawn. Now lunch and then a pipe with book on the deck.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I was in grade school before I knew there was a Canada Day..... July 1st was also my Dad's birthday and he would just tell us every year that the fireworks were in honor of his birthday. lol

Happy 149th Birthday Canada...... Next year will be the mother of all parties!!!

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Pretty quiet day here and a little windy. Just doing some reading as well and had a nice bowl of GL Pease Key Largo.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Happy Canada Day everyone! Went fishing this morning, and just finished up a BBQ. Now kicking back until the fireworks later.
I might fire up some Skiff Mixture later or maybe open a tin of a somewhat aged VA to celebrate :puffy:

roderick

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I spent the morning here in our nation's beautiful capital with five hundred or so people including our PM, at a Ceremony honouring the memory of the brave young men of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment, so many of whom gave their lives at the battle of Beaumont Hamel one hundred years ago today on July 1st 1916.
There is something I enjoy about the swing in emotions from sober remembrance of an event that is burned into the subconscious of my home province, to the joyful celebration that is Canada Day here in Ottawa.
Happy Canada Day ! Bonne Fête du Canada!

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Canada-Day-Wishes-1.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Watched The Jays play 19 innings of BB. Had stack and lobster for dinner. Saw an old friend who live in Toronto, I am jus twisting, but a happy CD to all. Just visiting, thanks spell check.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Sorry I'm late to the greetings, folks.
Spent the day following The Telegraph's timeline on the first day battle of The Somme 100 years ago.
One of my sons steered me to this site: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/01/the-battle-of-the-somme-as-it-happened-on-july-1-1916/
It broke my heart.
20,000 dead Tommies by mid-day. The light of a generation vanished in twelve hours. And the Newfoundland regiments were not really a part of the UK that day, but they threw down just the same.
I will pray to St. George, St. Michael and St. Barbara when I visit some day: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/01/the-battle-of-the-somme-as-it-happened-on-july-1-1916/
Bless our Canadian friends. Thank you for always the good fight. Thank you for always being there whenever we threw down. You are my/our trusted neighbors and friends and I thank you.
Fnord

stranger

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2016
About 5 years ago I toured Beaumont-Hamel. It was a very humbling and overpowering experience, matched only by the tour of Vimy. I wish our schools taught more history about the sacrifice of the Newfoundlanders that day.

On another note, I started my Canada Day by going to work and issuing some artillery ammo for the celebrations at the legislature buildings. Came home to my 2 month old daughter dressed up in a Canada outfit and a big smile on her face. Overall it turned out to be a pretty quiet day but enjoyable none the less. It was great to see the abundance of flags flying everywhere. I wish people would let them fly more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.