PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Yup...was bound to happen. 10 tins of Escudo. I was asking for trouble I suppose...hehehe.
Fully paid of course.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
100$ on 750 grams is not bad at all...... We're used to paying 35$ a 50 gram tin minimum usually, so it's still a heck of a deal.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Think of it this way, at $10.00/tin, plus another $10.00 in duty, you still got away with a $10.00 savings considering for you to buy it Canada would have cost you $30.00. Remember, dollar cost averaging, even with duty, comes in under a regular Canadian price, so the more times you get tobacco through, the average price that your cellar costs is STILL under what you would normally pay anywhere in Canada.

Bound to happen, and let's just hope it doesn't happen to you for a little while longer for your next TAD run.
Shutterbug

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Well the 100 was just for the Escudo...500g. Still half price compared to here....

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
No doubt that even with duty it is still cheater then buying up here. I know I'll still keep buying from the south I'll just have to make sure I have a little extra on hard just in case it gets pinched.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Lmao...... I think I'd rather pay the duty then to try prison smuggling a tin of tobacco across the line. Especially one of those 100gm Rattray tins!!! Ouch!!!

phil24

Lurker
May 19, 2014
Good on ya for paying the duty!
Rich is a Godsend for us Canucks! $100 duty ain't bad at all.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I think I'll keep my large orders bulk tobaccos. Stick to 5 tins at a time....
I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it, like I think you may have just gotten bad luck and your package was chosen anonymously to be assessed, which they do. Also if you're recieving several smaller shipments it would probably increase your risk for a spot check, as it doesn't make sense how they'd nab your escudo shipment then leave your 5 tin shipment alone, which makes me think it was just an anonymous spot check. There's really no difference I don't think in the chances of getting assessed with tins or bulk, if you get chosen you get chosen. Technically if your shipment comes through and it hasn't been opened then they didn't bother, it's not that they knew there was only 200 grams of tobacco in there, they just didn't bother checking. If they did a spot check and found 200grams of tobacco you would be charged duty. There is no allowable limit by mail order. Also did the shipment say tobacco on it's contents? Because that's guaranteed to get you nabbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.