Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
There are three...

Which one?

The background photo with the woman?

The grinning man?

Or, the one being packed?
Well for me it's a moot point.

I don't know what any of them are, except possibly the grinning man... Looks kind of like a Bjarne Free Form.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Moot point just means it doesn't matter because he has no idea what the pipe is. Good idea to call. Would bet the person that answers has no idea either.
Kinda looks like this one: http://smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Brigham/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=113254

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I did and they said they didn't know. Someone supplied art to their website developer & they can't identify the pipe. I just like it & would like one, maybe, depending on the size. No biggy.

Thanks

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Can one of you Moderators delete this? I didn't mean to get into a pissin contest.Still learning how this site (sight) works.

Thank you!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
mootness n.

Usage Note: The adjective moot is originally a legal term going back to the mid-16th century. It derives from the noun moot, in its sense of a hypothetical case argued as an exercise by law students. Consequently, a moot question is one that is arguable or open to debate. But in the mid-19th century people also began to look at the hypothetical side of moot as its essential meaning, and they started to use the word to mean "of no significance or relevance." Thus, a moot point, however debatable, is one that has no practical value. A number of critics have objected to this use, but 59 percent of the Usage Panel accepts it in the sentence The nominee himself chastised the White House for failing to do more to support him, but his concerns became moot when a number of Republicans announced that they, too, would oppose the nomination. When using moot one should be sure that the context makes clear which sense is meant.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
I like that pipe too by the way.

And on a side note, I used to know a guy that could piss over rooftops. No lie haha!

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
What is everyone seeing that I'm not? It's small, blurry and the entire shank/stem is in shadow.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Well, I can't tell you what THAT pipe is exactly.
header_image_center.png

But if you dig the looks, I'd just search around for "billiard" shaped pipes. That's prob my fav shape right now too, I especially like the straight billiards with a smooth finish.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'll give it a shot... the only thing I can really make out is the grain on the bowl, which looks pretty nice. The stain seems rather Danish to me, as does the shank stem (with it's non-tapered width). Smooth rim, and from the angle it seems like a somewhat standard shape; maybe a billiard or a dublin.
So adding it up:

- standard(ish) shape

- smooth brown over tan finish

- solid grain
I'm going take a stab and say it's a Former. Something like this: http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/former/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=102538
But like I said, just a guess.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
instymp...Welcome my friend to the forum,we are all not as stuffy as some would make it seem.The Weez

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
atsymbol.gif
Instymp

No offense taken.

As part of Ohin3's post stated:
"they started to use the word to mean "of no significance or relevance." Thus, a moot point, however debatable, is one that has no practical value."

Meaning; my opinion would be and was of no practical use to you.

:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.