PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chchwai

Lurker
Oct 8, 2014
Hi everyone,
I am really DESPERATE for some responses from smokers on a project about smoking, could you spare a minute and finish this questionnaire? That would REALLY help me a lot, thanks!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wCWqcBKl-jfL08Ng_q62DKwVwu92KLm69yTc1SRAsrY/viewform

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Triple post. This is the third thread started by this member for the exact same thing. I am suspect when someone spams forums for a "Project" that's my warning for the day.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Bounce this guy straight out of the forum. This looks very similar to the type of garbage used by Tobacco Prohibitionists. Consider the source then block the account and send this character on his way - I would have included a sound thrashing myself as well as a Condor ashtray enema just to teach him a lesson!

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
+10 condorlover.
I remember taking these surveys in school as a teenager. In hindsight, I wish I would have refused to participate.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When I'm reached on the phone with this stuff, I just tell 'em I don't do surveys. Thank you and goodbye.

chchwai

Lurker
Oct 8, 2014
I am so sorry for any inconvenience made. I didn't mean to spam or anything, I was just thinking people can read my post and help me out.
I thought pipes is also a kind of smoking? So I wanted to know why you guys started smoking. That's all really.
It is for my project ONLY and I couldn't find any smokers, so I decided to ask for some help here.
Sorry again :(

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Just read every conversation thread in these forums and you should get an idea.

When I was young, more adults smoked around me than didn't. I guess I emulated them at the start. Unfortunately, I didn't perceive the potential of the pipe till I'd wrestled with nicotine on and off for over 40 years.
Since beginning to smoke a pipe instead of hand rolled organic tobacco cigarettes, my aerobic capacity has improved noticeably. At 66 yrs old, I still play full speed ahead at the softball field 3x a week and exercise enough to maintain musculature.
I've found an enjoyment of tobacco rather than a need for it.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
It appears chchwal that you seem to think pipe smoking is similar to cigarette smoking but if so you are just plain wrong. Pipe smoking is fundamentally different than cigarette smoking because by and large pipe smoke is not inhaled and that makes all the difference in the world. To put it briefly and bluntly cigarette smoking is harmful to health and pipe smoking is not. To fail to note this in your project, if you mention pipe smoking at all, will be an act of irresponsibility.
The reasons why people start to smoke a pipe vary quite widely and are completely different from the reasons people, kids especially, start smoking cigarettes. I'll add that many people take up the pipe to help themselves quit cigarettes but there is little or no evidence that smoking a pipe "leads" to cigarette smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.