Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Can you believe she wrote down my license number?

(106 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by indianafrank
  • Latest reply from layinpipe
  1. indianafrank

indianafrank

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I’m parked in a park. I’m smoking my cob. The weather is warm and the windows are down. There is a car parked next to me, a woman was inside. After about 10 minutes, she honks her horn. I turn and looked at her. Her window was down, she yells. “Can you put that thing out?”

I was pissed, but not shocked. That’s today’s world. I’ve been around a while.

I yelled back. “You have two choices. Roll your window up. Or drive outa hear.”

She then gets out of her car, walks in front of my car, and writes down the license number. She then gives me a nasty look and waves the paper with my license number.

So I got out of my car, the cob still in my mouth, but now smoking like a locomotive, big plumes of white smoke everywhere, and I write down her license number.

She says to me from inside her car. “And what do you think your gonna do I haven’t done anything wrong.”

I said lady. “I’m gonna have you arrested for indecent exposure.”

She says. “You are kidding me right?”

I said. “Nope. You should not be allowed in public. You should be locked up in an asylum. And I’m sure that you have papers showing your nuts.”

She then called me every name in the book. And then drove away.

I’m a nice guy. I really am. That is until someone rattles my chain.

BTW, I was smoking 1Q. So the aroma could not have offended her.

I don't know where I'm going...but sooner or later I'll get there.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  2. jmill208

jmill208

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Weird. Just plain nutty.
    What do you suppose she is going to do with the license plate info?

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. mrjerke

JJ Pipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What a loon. I would've asked her to call the police on speaker phone so I could record her and put it on YouTube.

Jordan

"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." - Marjorie Pay Hinckley
    Posted 4 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

She probably hoped you would assume that she was going to call the park police. Very good response on your part.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No kidding.... I'm sure the conversation would go something like this...

"Yes... Police?... I'm calling to report a pipe smoker... What Kind of Pipe? Well it looks to be a corn cob pipe, officer. He's parked next to me at the park and puffing away on that dirty thing and the smoke is coming in my window!... Well I assume it's tobacco, officer! God knows how disgusting that is! .... What do you mean why didn't I just roll up my window or drive away? .... How do you reckon, officer, that he has as much right to be here as I do? I'm likely gonna get cancer just because I smelled it! .... Hello? .... Officer? Did you hang up on me? I'm coming down there right now and I'm gonna get YOUR licence plate number!!!"

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 4 years ago #
  6. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ha ha, I'm so glad that I live where smoking isn't such a big deal.

A few years ago, I went into a book store to pick up my daughter who was there with a study group, and I left my dog in the car. The window was cracked and it was sunset with at a cool 75F. The dog was fine. But, when we came back out there was a lady leaning against the back of my car who told me that she had called the cops and that I was not to leave. She had a wild look in her eyes. I just got in the car, with her still leaning on the back of my car, as if she was physically going to hold me there, and I just slowly backed out of the parking space, pushing her with me.

When I got home, I called the police chief, who is a pipe smoking buddy of mine. He told me that yeh, an officer had been dispatched, and after she went ballistic and tried to assault the officer, she was taken into custody. I am not sure how that went down, but there are freaking crazy people out there.

Michael
    Posted 4 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

People are just getting crazier and crazier. It's really sad, especially that she totally agresses you by horning. Seriously. She ereally needed to drop her own frustrations on someone. Just crazy, dude.

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. jeepnewbie

jeepnewbie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"Yes... Police?... I'm calling to report a pipe smoker... What Kind of Pipe? Well it looks to be a corn cob pipe, officer. He's parked next to me at the park and puffing away on that dirty thing and the smoke is coming in my window!... Well I assume it's tobacco, officer! God knows how disgusting that is! .... What do you mean why didn't I just roll up my window or drive away? .... How do you reckon, officer, that he has as much right to be here as I do? I'm likely gonna get cancer just because I smelled it! .... Hello? .... Officer? Did you hang up on me? I'm coming down there right now and I'm gonna get YOUR licence plate number!!!"

Thanks that made my day. But on a side note today's society is getting really bad. With everyone getting butt hurt over some of the stupidest crap. We are suppose to have a free country, yet if you smoke a cigar, pipe, or cigarettes you get made out to be a criminal. Along with language (not joking) town I use to live in was trying to pass a no cussing law in public. Not to mention every thing I am pretty sure others have seen. If we stand up for ourselves and try to push back we get made out even more to be the bad guy, not the other way around.

"Keep it Classy"
    Posted 4 years ago #
  9. sallow

sallow

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think I am (and try to be) a very courteous smoker.

Having said that, these are the same people that think nothing of driving behind some work truck belching diesel, which to me is the most offensive smell ever. Worse than Burning tires.

I tell you what, i'll close the garage door, and we can either light my cigar or start that car you sit in every day.

Posted 4 years ago #
  10. prndl

prndl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would have simply told her..."thanks, lady, most folks tell me to put that thing back in."

Home is the sailor, home from sea,
    And the hunter home from the hill.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  11. jmill208

jmill208

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Color me not surprised by crazy people and their nutty ideals. Unfortunately, more and more laws encourage them to act this way.

I reside in Maryland, the only state in the union that taxes the rain. For real.

Posted 4 years ago #
  12. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow. Just Wow. If I spent more time in Seattle, I am sure I would come across people like that. Things here in Tacoma are just ghetto enough that people leave you alone.

Posted 4 years ago #
  13. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Imagine the emotional life of one who is compelled to enforce a standard of behavior that is hypocritical and basically harmless. Those of you old enough to remember the early 60's and before that have seen the results of what harsh restrictions can do to young people who lived with guilt over small things as well as big things. The sexual revolution and feminism killed many marriages and created lots of misery. People without power in their lives will lash out at the most trivial alleged violations to feel important.

Posted 4 years ago #
  14. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oh, her again.

Posted 4 years ago #
  15. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ha ha mso!!

Frank, at least your pipe didn't go out!!

Posted 4 years ago #
  16. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

That was a great comeback Frank!

I was thinking also...."Woman, I have Ebola, and tobacco is one of the base ingredients in the antidote"

If and when a hazmat team shows up, "Wow, I saw a crazy lady taking my lic plate down...never spoke to her but here is hers."

Posted 4 years ago #
  17. crazypipe

Teddy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Your a bad boy

Posted 4 years ago #
  18. bulldogbriar89

bulldogbriar89

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

haha this is why I always say If I could live in a cabin in the woods far away from people I would.

"Sometimes I cannot help but to think that too often we transform our smoking practice into a fetish--chasing the vaunted and supreme--things with allure and cachet--whilst forgetting the simple pleasures of pipe smoking. Making things too complicated sure can lose some easy moments..."
    -Patrick (ae1pt)
    Posted 4 years ago #
  19. User has not uploaded an avatar

longbowman

Login to Send PM

The police probably get twenty calls from her a day. She's probably what's called a "911 Addict" or getting "911 Counselling". These people are always calling the cops and fire department for every little thing. They need the attention. It makes them feel special. After the cops and fire dept. warn them another call will result in a citation, they move on to calling tow trucks if they have AAA. Dadgum battery goes dead every day, imagine that. This is how I found out about them. Driving a tow truck. Must have jumped this one battery about 20 times until the service call insurance ran out. Every time, I would almost get sucked into never-ending conversations until I said, "Look, I need to go. There's an accident needing clean-up on I-5. Probably dead bodies all over the place. No, I can't come back for coffee. I'll probably be busy cleaning blood off of my boots." After the tow truck, they move on to ordering pizzas every day probably. Or UPSing crap to themselves so the UPS dude shows up to talk to.

Posted 4 years ago #
  20. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great story. I pray for a moment like that. You handled it well.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  21. bulldogbriar89

bulldogbriar89

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I almost forgot that we live in the same state indi

Posted 4 years ago #
  22. indianafrank

indianafrank

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

WOW, I'm laughing my ass of as I read some of your comments. Anthony, your piece had me laughing so hard I was choking on my pizza. Homemade of course.

Posted 4 years ago #
  23. frank13

Frankenstein

Login to Send PM

/SMH.... I would have just told her, "Call the F-in' cops!" and then shrugged and continued merrily puffing away.

Posted 4 years ago #
  24. txbeerboy

txbeerboy

Login to Send PM

Wow you just caused me to bite through the stem of my cob. To bad you didn't have some magical powers that could cause her air bag to deploy and knock her out!

Posted 4 years ago #
  25. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I said lady. “I’m gonna have you arrested for indecent exposure.”

She says. “You are kidding me right?”

I said. “Nope. You should not be allowed in public. You should be locked up in an asylum. And I’m sure that you have papers showing your nuts.”

HAHA!! Great stuff! You got in an altercation with a tranny.

Posted 4 years ago #
  26. danielplainview

dave g

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

She is concerned about second hand smoke while earlier, she probably had some preservative laden McDonalds with a Aspartame filled diet coke.

Make aromatics great again.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  27. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think that was my wife.

Posted 4 years ago #
  28. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I think that was my wife.

Posted 4 years ago #
  29. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great response Frank lol. That woman was just exhibiting the symptoms of mass mind control that most people are under. And, like most people, she probably consumes loads of toxins every day that she believes are harmless because the "authorities" say so.

I'm continually amazed at how few people wonder what is causing the epidemic of cancer in non-smokers.

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 4 years ago #
  30. buster

buster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have three buddies who are married to women like that. We dont see them much any more.

Think slow, act fast.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  31. escioe

escioe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like to be moving around when I'm smoking a pipe in public, for the most part. That way, if someone is offended, they aren't offended for long. Also you see the park better if you're walking around in it rather than looking at it over the dash.

Posted 4 years ago #
  32. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Some people just have a relentless desire to control others....if she has a husband, he is a nutless scro-bag.

Posted 4 years ago #
  33. cmdrmcbragg

cmdrmcbragg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@woodsroad, love your Sutliff parody banner.

I work security for an office building and have a lady in the building who is always coming to us with something. This last week she shows up at our office window and tells me that she wanted to report a smoker in the parking lot. I ask her what he was doing, "he got out of his car and was smoking a cigarette while talking on his phone, then he lit up another one."

I thought she was going to tell me about somebody smoking weed (not that I would really care because it is legal in Colorado) but when I found out it was a cigarette I just tuned out, I was just going to let her finish her prolonged story, tell her I'd look into it and then immediately forget about it. My boss intervened and took care of it, something I have the heart to do but just didn't care enough about because she does shit like this all the time.

Posted 4 years ago #
  34. jamespworth

NorwichBriarBro

Login to Send PM

Only thing I can think of is she took what you said as a threat

Obviously wasn't meant in that way but well you know some people are just stupid.

Posted 4 years ago #
  35. terrygoldman123

terrygoldman123

Login to Send PM

Frank: Great story, great response. I have never had anyone be unkind to me as a pipe smoker. They always remark that their late husband/grandpa was a pipe man and the smell (always 1-Q) reminded me of them.

Probably would told her that she had been whipped by an ugly stick and relit.

Thanks for taking no shit from an old person and a woman. I'll be smokin' again today...in the car....in Virginia.

*EDIT* - I know you probably don't care, but when I see personally identifiable info, I get nervous. Crazy people on the internet can utilize all manner of info for nefarious purposes. For this reason, I deleted your license plate number. -Jason

Posted 4 years ago #
  36. newbroom

newbroom

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Those folks unfortunate enough to have experienced the loss of a loved one to lung cancer can be very adamant about how they feel about tobacco.
    Inhaling cigarette smoke, of course, is not what a pipe smoker does.
    I started smoking a pipe to save on cigarette papers. At first I did inhale.
    Now I are a pipe smoker. My nicotine habit/addiction is satisfied. My oral compulsions attended. My guilt assuaged.

Posted 4 years ago #
  37. dochudson

dochudson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

who was parked and enjoying the day first? if she was reasonably articulate and she did call the cops they trend to agree with the women in a he said/she said pissing contest.

Posted 4 years ago #
  38. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This is why I generally don't like people......they are stupid!

Posted 4 years ago #
  39. dread

dread

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

She sounds like a keeper. Did you get her phone number?

". . . I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul."
    - INVICTUS
    Posted 4 years ago #
  40. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

How amazingly annoying!

Posted 4 years ago #
  41. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Another moral tumbleweed. Hey, the wind's blowing this way! Has her television's values du Jour. You bad smoking man! Nice comeback

Posted 4 years ago #
  42. carcosa

carcosa

Login to Send PM

I go down to the local cofee shop quite often, and have my pipe in my truck surfing wifi or playing online chess on my ipad, and people walking in the door, which I'm parked right in front of are usually friendly asking what year my truck is sometimes (1991 Ford). Only once did I hear something negative from a 5 year old kid telling their mother smoke is bad for everyone around the smoker right mommy?nUsually if people watch me I give them a nod and a smile and that's the end of that.

Posted 4 years ago #
  43. User has not uploaded an avatar

longbowman

Login to Send PM

Hmmm....new use for pipe smoke. Idiot Repellent.

Posted 4 years ago #
  44. User has not uploaded an avatar

natenice1

Login to Send PM

Frank I hope you weren't in the Hudson Valley, I'll be on the lookout though when I walk in the city park!

Posted 4 years ago #
  45. indianafrank

indianafrank

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nate, I was not in your area. This park is in an area that is loaded with upscale homes, Lincoln Towne Cars, Beemers, and upscale shops. It's an area where if people know your not from there, they look down on you. They are notorious for being arrogant. If a business opens in that area, and the owner is not from there, they run him or her out of business by not frequenting the business. I think my 2003 Ford Pickup with some rust on it upset her also. She was sitting in a brand new Cadillac Escapade. My truck was the oldest vehicle parked there. It's not a park I would ever frequent but I was on my way to an appointment, was early and decided to pull in for a 20 minute smoke. It was my own fault for lighting up in that park. I should have known better.

Posted 4 years ago #
  46. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was surprised that she didn't drag you out behind the shed, spank your pee-pee and force you to smoke a whole pouch of the vile stuff so as to break you of your nasty habit.

A man without a shillelagh is a man without an expedient.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  47. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

It was my own fault for lighting up in that park. I should have known better.

You had every right to be where you were, that beast breached the bounds of decency and common sense when she verbally delivered a rebuke.
    something tells me that if you were a Hells Angel smoking a cigar while taking a break, she would have exercised a bit more self control. I suspect that you are respectable looking sort, and she subconsciously decided she could shame you into how she thought you should live.

That is why I like living in Arizona, people generally mind their own business, we get the occasional transplant that thinks they need to bring their New Jersey attitude with them, or the Californian that thinks wherever they go they ned to impose their will on others.
    I was in Quartzite a few years ago, and a guy walked in with a 1911 on his hip, a man and his wife freaked out and told the cop that there was a "man with a gun" to a cop sitting near us.
    "I wouldn't bother him, then" as the response of the officer...they pissed their pants loaded up the sheep in training and headed for the border.
    {Quartzite is an Az./Ca. border town}

Posted 4 years ago #
  48. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ask her if her doctor knows that she's gone off her meds. That always gets them.

Eric
    Posted 4 years ago #
  49. User has not uploaded an avatar

lannarkgent

Login to Send PM

I read this with some nostalgia. I remember the late 50's and early 60's when it seemed like every other adult male smoked a pipe. For all of the faults of that time, I think that we have largely exchanged one group of intolerant thoughts and behaviors for another set.

Far too many people in this country now, are sadly, just like her. Pipe smokers in Michigan can have a fine time finding a place to smoke.

Posted 4 years ago #
  50. layinpipe

layinpipe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Frank, you and i would get along just fine! Awesome response and good on ya for putting that psycho in her place. I would have done the same.

Cosmic, i am a huge dog lover as most of you probably know from my past posts and comments, and my gf and i have 3 of our own. I leave my dogs in the car when we take them to Pet Smart or the dog park while we eat or run an errand. We of course crack all the windows and open the sunroof and use common sense judgment on how hot it is outside. I also park right in front of the place we are eating so we can clearly see them the entire time just in case. I haven't had any crazies say anything yet, but i am sure that one day i will have to put someone in their place for running their mouth to someone who doesn't want to hear it and who ain't afraid to bite back.

Common sense is a very underrated thing these days that many people ignore and do not put to use. Society is quickly becoming a politically correct playground with a bunch of pansies who live in a plastic bubble, accompanied by a lifetime supply of antibacterial wipes and respiratory masks.

Posted 4 years ago #
  51. i8ball

i8ball

Login to Send PM

good for standing up for yourself i had a lady get pissed enough at me when i was at the MN Renfair this year that when she asked me to stop smoking by her. which i was just walking pass and it was pretty crowded so it took a little longer i said sorry and waited for an opening right when i started walking she grabbed my pipe out of my mouth and drop it on the ground. i was so pissed i was about to punch this lady frist off dont touch my pipes second she was just rude luckly for her and me an old gentleman happened to be passing by with his pipe saw the whole thing and walked right up to her and blew probably the best ring of smoke i ever seen straight into her face. this was not the best smelling tobacco he had either but she ended up storming off and he asked hows the pipe. really made my day.

Posted 4 years ago #
  52. andystewart

andystewart

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Gents I'm in the train home after a long day and this thread just cracked me up! A great OP and some brilliant follow-ups. Thank you!

And I managed not to comment in Dan's (woodsroad) wife!

Andy

"I don’t know how else to say it: you don’t see bums smoking pipes." Charlie Kramer
    Posted 4 years ago #
  53. foggymountain

foggymountain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like your response. Years ago, when it was legal, I was smoking a cigarette in a restaurant, in the smoking section. A woman, on her way out the door, came up behind me unseen and punched me in the head. Them bitches is dangerous.

Posted 4 years ago #
  54. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Please forgive me if somebody else might have already said this but ...

If you were at a public park you just might be in violation of the law. Some localities have made it a crime to smoke in a public park whether it be while walking on a sidewalk or path, sitting and watching your child play or even sitting in your car unless the windows are rolled up.

Even though she seemed kind of like a skanky wench for he actions you sir might have been the one that is totally in the wrong and breaking the law. Just maybe possibly people like you are the ones who ruined it for everyone in the area by your reactions to her actions and making the town/city/county/locality create the no smoking laws for public places.

Just something to ponder about next time you go to the park to smoke.

Posted 4 years ago #
  55. indianafrank

indianafrank

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Newbie, I was in a park that does not restrict smoking. I know almost every law that has to do with park reg's, and state and federal lands. They have been a thorn in my side for 37 years. It's paramount in my business and personal pursuits to understand land laws.

Trailboss, I was stationed at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson back in the 60's. I worked in those missle silos that were scattered throughout the state.

Posted 4 years ago #
  56. andystewart

andystewart

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Newbie - thank you for your note and - more importantly - for the reminder that tolerance and brotherhood are cornerstones of this particular little online enclave.

Andy

Posted 4 years ago #
  57. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Trailboss, I was stationed at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson back in the 60's. I worked in those missle silos that were scattered throughout the state.you

I just finally got around to visiting the Pima air and space museum and a tour through Davis-Monathon AFB mothball fleet/ boneyard mind blowing how much is there, and the incredible warbirds. The decomissioned silo tour is on my bucket list.

Thank you for your service.

Posted 4 years ago #
  58. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Newbie, those are some great assumptions that you just made. Next time, however, want to to try posing them as questions, if not looking like a total weenie is important to you.

Otherwise, carry on.

Posted 4 years ago #
  59. hiplainsdrifter

hiplainsdrifter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think that looking like a total weenie is probably his goal, based on his screen name.

Posted 4 years ago #
  60. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Newbie, are you intolerant of tolerance or tolerant of intolerance?

Did you jump to conclusions or are you this "skanky wench's" husband?

Thanks for playing.....either way.

Posted 4 years ago #
  61. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I suspect that Newbie might be a self hating tobacco Nazi, hiding in the shadows of our lovely forum only to pounce at any opportunity to provide pointless assumptions while firmly filling the role of forum weenie.

I suggest we let him stay... we did lose Haja after all.

Someone needs to be the new Weenie!

Posted 4 years ago #
  62. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

63. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

@ Sparky and a few others ... y'all needs to find a life. Calling people weenies and such is so beneath even what a child would say and do on an internet forum. I also say you needs to gets a life because look at the levels of your postings. Seriously Sparky, your averaging close to 300 posts a month and you've only been on this forum for about 3 months. Do you not have real people you can go mingle with? Is there not somebody or someplace you can go to have human contact?

Now in regards to those who just might have a problem with my response to the the OP let me just say this ... he is looking for people to pat him on the back for basically being a public rectum. It is as if he was looking for some sort of confrontation in how he says he responded. Matter of fact did he even need to respond at all? That is up to him but by telling her to roll up her windows or leave was rather rude ... why even respond at all? Why not just turn your head back to whatever you were doing and just ignore her. I still say what he did makes each and every one of us look bad to the world and I will not pat him on the back, fist bump him and say what he did was so great.

@ IndianaFrank ... you might want to really check and see if you were in the right or in the wrong in where you were smoking. http://www.in.gov/isdh/tpc/2684.htm Please note where it says "Most public places". I wouldn't be surprised if push came to shove and an officer had been called that just maybe he might consider a public park to be a public place. Granted she didn't have to pull up next to you and she could have moved instead of doing what she did but why even respond to a person like that? Since Barney Fife has been referenced up above with the Citizens Arrest video many stories on internet forums are just like Barney Fife. When telling stories on internet forums they get so embellished into a award winning tales just like Barney Fife would do and in reality and just like Barney Fife everyone knew it is most likely nothing more than a good fairy tale.

Posted 4 years ago #
  64. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow, Newbie. I'm impressed. I don't think that I've ever met anyone who follows every single law verbatim. Never pulling tags off of pillows, never ever going over the speed limit, never going in through the out door. That's pretty cool, that wrong = laws.

But, for what it's worth, people like that probably won't be swayed by some act of turning the other cheek. If it did happen, and I like to think that it did, then she would have learned a lesson about minding her own business. Frank was a part of the cosmic set of events that implemented karma on her rude and bothersome personality. Frank was the hand of the gods, so to speak; divine, just. And, as far as no smoking laws go, I have never heard of a police officer being pumped up and excited about enforcing one of those. Sure, there are a bunch of laws out there, but someone has to "want" to enforce them. Just saying.

The bigger question is, will people speak of someone's meekness long after they are dead, or the rules that they broke? Which makes a better story? The act of merely choosing to start to smoke in this day in age, throws us out of the meekness category by some standards. So, live the part. Suck the marrow out of life!

Posted 4 years ago #
  65. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oh, and by the logic you've presented... Rosa Parks was a law breaker. It was against the law for her to set in the front of the bus. So, was she just a criminal making black people "look bad?" How about those renegade English colonist? Law breakers? Bra burning criminals? No, we don't remember all of those meek people who followed unjust laws, but sometimes...

Posted 4 years ago #
  66. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

@ Sparky and a few others ... y'all needs to find a life. Calling people weenies and such is so beneath even what a child would say and do on an internet forum. I also say you needs to gets a life because look at the levels of your postings. Seriously Sparky, your averaging close to 300 posts a month and you've only been on this forum for about 3 months. Do you not have real people you can go mingle with? Is there not somebody or someplace you can go to have human contact?

Well Thank You for your concern. I will make an effort to be more conscious of my posting habits.

Now in regards to those who just might have a problem with my response to the the OP let me just say this ... he is looking for people to pat him on the back for basically being a public rectum. It is as if he was looking for some sort of confrontation in how he says he responded. Matter of fact did he even need to respond at all? That is up to him but by telling her to roll up her windows or leave was rather rude ... why even respond at all? Why not just turn your head back to whatever you were doing and just ignore her. I still say what he did makes each and every one of us look bad to the world and I will not pat him on the back, fist bump him and say what he did was so great.

You say he should have just turned his head or back and just ignored her? Why did he need to respond at all?

One could say the same for you about your post. He was venting, whether what he did is right or wrong is for him and the big man upstairs to decide, but you for some reason, feel the need to voice your opinion and tell him he is a "public rectum".

Pot calling the kettle black, from where I stand.

Posted 4 years ago #
  67. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Newbie, "beneath what a child would say......." So what does a douche say? Things like "skanky wench" or "public rectum"? I think you doth protest too much.

Posted 4 years ago #
  68. dochudson

dochudson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I did ask several question which were totally ignored in the rush to give the OP a pat on the back. like the divorce lawyers are fond of saying. there's his side, her side and the truth.

Posted 4 years ago #
  69. layinpipe

layinpipe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

OP, i'll give you 3 more pats on the back without even knowing her side of the story or the truth, just for putting a nosy individual in their place. I don't care if it was against the law to smoke there, i'm in my own damn car smoking PIPE TOBACCO. Call the cops, i'll continue to finish my bowl and you can sit there and be hot and bothered until they get there and laugh at you for wasting their time.

There should be more people like the OP who will not just ignore people like this lady, because all this does is reinforce the notion that it is perfectly fine to go out of your way to press your opinions on someone else and for them to say and do nothing in return. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and this i respect, but when you start getting loud and projecting those opinions towards me, you will then hear my opinions, which in this case would include telling her to take a long walk off a short pier.

I can respect your side of things, Newbie, and you have every right to your angle on the situation. But so do i and to that i now bestow 12 more pats on the back to Frank. Actually, let's make it a baker's dozen and go with 13.

Posted 4 years ago #
  70. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Let's keep in mind what exactly it is that we have going here on the PM Forum.

It is not a court of law. It is not a coroner's inquest. We are not taking depositions or engaging in some massively arrayed parallel social computing experiment to define and determine reality.

The PM forum is, first and foremost, a mode of entertainment. As such, the best storyteller wins. Honestly, I don't give a rodent's posterior if Frank's story has one iota of truth to it. It made me laugh, and I appreciate that.

I suggest we let him stay... we did lose Haja after all

Bingo.
    We have a new target, a nucleation point, a foil, a Straight Man. We asked... and we received. Have at it.

Posted 4 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   georged, cshubhra, agnosticpipe, paulfg, malicev, cortezattic, railman, sumusfumus, jaytex969, jerrynyc, catyrpelius, jiminks, olkofri, warren, pitchfork, ssjones, ashdigger