PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I'm curious if there's a way to be informed when a particular member posts or to friend them so that we can look up their posts. I haven't been able to figure it out myself, but it's worth asking about.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Eric if you click on name under the Avatar of the person you would like info on it will bring you to when he joined, Replies, last activity, and Threads. Hope that's what you want.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I was thinking more of a way to keep track of the people considered friends. The search feature on this site for members does not work well.

Jan 8, 2013
At the very top of the page where it says "Members" click that. Find the member you want to friend. There will be an "add" button.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
There used to be a way to mark a thread as a "favorite" and it would email you EVERY time someone commented on it.
Not sure if that's still up and running.
I agree that a way to follow people would be cool. Maybe have it all show up in the notifications section?
But then again I also wanted upvotes and downvotes, but that may not be very conducive to the pipe smoking community? Not sure. I think it would be a great way for members to upvote a comment that is superb advice and downvote something that isn't helpful. Should be mostly upvoted comments within this community.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Email notifications do not work most of the time, I think it's a coding issue and I have no idea how to find the page where it lists my friends, looked for it everywhere.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
You can go to the home page and under where it lists the new members you can click on yourself under "who's online" and from there you should find a button marked "friends" on that page.
Or in the address bar you can type in
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/username/
Obviously put your username where i put username.
That will only tell you WHO your friends are. But this is the home part of the website and the profile here has almost nothing to do with the forum profile. So to find out what a friend has recently commented on you have to type this in
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/profile/username
Type in their username once you figure out what it is from the other step.
It's a pain in the ass and the only way I know how to do what you want to do.
The forums are a bonus and not the focus of this money making machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.