Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
I have a pipe someone gave me that to me is very different as I have never seen another.

In the bowl there is a small upright tube that goes thru to the bottom of bowl.

the only marking on pipe is .. Dri cool briar... and a emblem of a pipe with this tube .

it is a good smoker and I enjoy it but I would like a little info on it if anyone could offer.

It is well made and probably well known BUT not to me

thanks for any info

hoo

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It's a carburetor pipe, meaning it has an air inlet in the base of the bowl. These were very popular in the 1930's and 40's. If I recollect correctly, the Kaywoodie carburetor pipe was the best selling pipe in the US for a while. Carburetor pipes were also made by Yello-Bole as well as several other makers. Who Made That Pipe doesn't contain as listing for "Dri cool briar", so I can't help with the ID.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Could you please post a few photos of the pipe? It sounds fascinating.
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
I had an older Dunhill with the same kind of plumbing.
18-32-52-file.jpg

18-32-48-file.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.