PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2018
Haver an older Pipe Master and the spark went out. How do I replace it and where can I get the part (igniter)

New to forum please forgive mistakes

Oct 6, 2018
Gentlemen, I thank you. Tried the link and preparing to mail it away.
One of the other posters on here said he bought a part for $10 and did it himself. Wow, hard to believe.
There is a store in Roanoke Va that has good prices on new ones. Hopefully the repair is less.
Thanks again!

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Music City Marketing, Inc.

477 McNally Dr.

Nashville, Tn 37211

1-800-251-3016 or 615-331-8041

Ask for Aron

Cost $35.00 for pipe overhaul.

They are the official repair site for IM Corona

Repaired my 50 year old PipeMaster

You're welcome.

philairfoil

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
@ pepesdad…
You have a electric spark Pipemaster that is very old and the spark failed and was fixed? I only ask because I have been on the fence with electric spark anything (having bad luck with them in the past) and would like to buy a Sparkmaster if they are indeed as reliable as a flint spark lighter... Thanks
And by the way, I have used that Music city repair outfit myself for a repair on a very old Ronson Varaflame...good work they do.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
My problem was that the gas valves were leaking...sent it to them twice to get it fixed. They replaced everything but the case...so they said...still doesn't hold the gas properly. My piezo (sp?) was the spark and it has never failed...only the valves. Hope this helps.

philairfoil

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Well, that's good to know...IM Corona may have solved one problem in the sparking of it, decades of service out of a butane lighter is noteworthy.
The only butanes I have that old are Ronson and Dunhill, and those were expensive and now somewhat worn and not as functional as they once were...sort of like me. Thanks

Oct 6, 2018
Thank you for the additional posts. I have many good options and feel I have a good chance of a quality repair. I have a couple of lighters that need help. I'll use both. Certainly glad I found this site/forum.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Music City Marketing was purchased by Arango Cigar in Northbrook, IL. I sent my Corona there about a year ago. The fixed price for the repairs was $35, and they replaced a bunch of parts. I don't see the repair information on their website anymore. Maybe the repairs are being done elsewhere now. I'd give Arango a call.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I've had a good experience with Music City Marketing as well, $35 and I think they ended up replacing everything but the case in my circa 1980's Pipemaster.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I was a little put off because I had sent it to them twice..the invoice showed all the parts they repaired/replaced...but still the valves didn't work after 3 days...why? No clue. I'm sure they did what they were supposed to do...especially after the second time...I guess my old lighter was like me...retired and was not gonna work.

Got a Beattie jet lighter (now in the works to obtain it) and that lighter is the king of pipe lighters...uses zippo fluid and shoots a soft flame out the jet, uses zippo flints, too...if you get one it will be with you til you die and work at your funeral. Can't wait for the owner to find it in his boxes of stuff. Reputable man so I am not worried about him coming through with his end of the bargain.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
My Beattie is finicky. It'll shoot out a strong flame for a bit, then settle down into a softer flame. I don't have the little cleaning tool that came with the lighter originally. I tried one of the welding tip cleaning tools and those were too large.
The other thing I don't like about the Beattie is that like a Zippo, it evaporates fluid too quickly.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I had a flame-throwing lighter fluid type of pipe lighter. May have been a Beattie, but I lost it over 50 years ago. Too variable a flame, too much fluid taste, too many refills. But a fun cool tool in some ways.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
" I don't have the little cleaning tool that came with the lighter originally. " Get an acupuncture needle...works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.