PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Wow! My favorite blending house. Home of my quintessential Star of the East, Engine 99, Red Odessa and Pirate Kake. All of which I store by the pound. Beautiful revamp on the old web site. Great articles on cellaring and tobacco classification. First aerobic fermentation, then anaerobic aging. Whatta a great merger with smokingpipes. Kudos to all involved. Keep up the great work. I think Craig would be proud!

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Nice, glad to see them getting some upgrading. I'm loading up some star of the east flake right now!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
A very warm and friendly site. Easy to navigate, but as sophisticated as their exceptional product.
(Someone, though, has to take the heavy-handed Photoshop Blur tool away from their art director!)

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
It's a nice upgrade on a website woefully in need of attention. I was thinking not a week ago that I should (have) grab(bed) screen shots or copies of the old site for reference purposes figuring a new site was coming. This change, so soon after formal merger caught me napping.
I wonder about things such as the tinning options for the bulk blends (including the one pound tins). Thing of the past?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Does anyone know about on-site visits to C&D in Morganton? Do they have a walk-in store? Can

you get a short tour. We may run down to Morganton on other business, but I'd hate to miss the

C&D scene if it is available, or I'd hate to annoy them if it isn't.

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
Are none of the tobaccos for sale? Don't see anything about prices nor anything about ordering.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since smokingpipes.com and C&D both appeared, at separate tables, at the Triangle Area Pipe Show last

April, perhaps they will appear jointly at the 2014 show, though the show and date have not yet been

announced. I'm sorry to hear I've missed the opportunity to visit the blending facility. Those folks are

artists, unsung.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Thanks for the reminder, planetary. I don't know why I keep forgetting about that resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.