PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
I just received a tin of C&D's Burly flake #1 . Has anyone had this before? I have not tried it because i was intending to age it . Is this a blend that age's well?

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
I would think it would age well. I always age any non aromatic tins a year before I crack them. I usually buy two so that I can age one much longer and compare. Others here no better than I but Virginias are the best agers but I have to believe that burley ages well as well.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I have a tin of it gifted by one of our forum members (and the only one I managed to see in person from the forums), however I haven't popped it up yet.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lately Forums members have subscribed to the benefits of aging burley. Burley has always been considered as keeping well. I haven't decided yet, because it seems to smoke extremely well when fresh, or aged, so I'm not sure aging is a big plus. That said, I confess I've had a tin of C&D Burley Flake #1 sealed and mellowing for two or three years. From my own experience, I feel I have a choice, it's a flip of the coin.

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
BF #1 is an excellent blend whether aged or fresh. If you have only one tin, don't hold off the joy. Crack it and enjoy it.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Oddly, I saw a C&D video and Tarler said Burley Flake #1 was by far their best seller in the Burley Flake Series. But #3 is the real crowd favorite of the bunch.

sittingbear

Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
I'm smoking a bowl of this right now. It's been lurking in the back of my cellar for a couple of years. The past few days I've been making it a point to smoke something I haven't in a while. I forgot how STRONG this stuff is!!! The first third reminds me of a peppery cigar. My mouth waters, my nose tingles, my stomach starts singing zippidee doo dah, and when I regain consciousness I find it has mellowed out. It certainly doesn't lose anything with age (unlike me)!

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
I just went back to a jar of C&D Burley Flake #3 after a couple of years.....i quite liked it when first opened but with a touch of age it was fantastic. I am about to order another couple of tins and "plan" on keeping it 2 or 3 years.
I would imagine the #1 is just as good.......I hope.......because I have one 2 year old tin in the cellar!

Status
Not open for further replies.