PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I finally got around to opening my tin of Billy Budd the other day that I've had for about a year or so. After my 3rd bowl, I'd say the following: 1) I definitely like it. 2) It's very difficult to compare it with any other English/Balkan blend I've tried...seems to be in a category all its own. 3) It seems like almost every puff has a somewhat different taste/flavor/characteristic to it...which makes for a very unique and interesting experience. It's an 8oz tin, so I'm really glad I'm enjoying it, because it's gonna take a lot of puffing to get thru it all. I'd give it two thumbs up for sure.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@Spartan: LOL...well, I have been accused of being all thumbs before, so I guess I do have 8 more. In that case I'd say I'll give it maybe 7 out of ten (subject to change after several more bowl fulls).

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Fair enough.
As per my personal rating system anything 6 thumbs and up is delicious. Every thumb after that is a very hard thumb to earn indeed.
7 thumbs and up is something that is a keeper and should be cellared.
I've heard good things about Billy Bud and it's on my TAD list.
Thanks for the thumbs.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Lot of positive things about this from PipefriendCHS on youtube. I want to try it but looks like only available in bulk, I need tins.

Jul 15, 2011
I was under the assumption that if you order directly from Cornell and Diehl, they can put any of their bulk blends into tins for you. It might be something worth looking into.

Jul 12, 2011
I have a jar of her that has been sitting for 1.5 years now...so I'm off to sample her now in a clay with side of espresso...will keep you posted on results :puffy:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@auspipe & Pipe Novelist: smokingpipes.com has 8oz tins:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/cornell-diehl/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=66084
@thesmokingdragon: Wonderful...will love to hear what you think of it. :puffy:

Jul 12, 2011
Just finished a nice bowl of BB in a clay...from what I remember from fresh tin VS 1.5 years later in jar, the age did smooth over the rough edges, but this is still a robust and stout blend (lat lovers rejoice)...heavy creamy/oily mouth feel like a good cigar, but no cigar flavor at all from the lil cigar leaf in the blend. Flavors of good ol camp fire, damp earth/mushrooms and fantastic charred meat flavors whisp in/out throughout the smoke...reduced to fine grey powder and smoked cool and dry

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
MODS..............
daniellesmokin needs to be banned!! She(?) already has a couple of bogus posts this AM...............
Seems like alot of these lately... :crazy:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@thesmokingdragon: Great description! Sounds accurate to me...I'm not very good at identifying and naming each aspect of the taste and aroma like that, but I do know if I'm enjoying it. Thanks for the input. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.