Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

C&D's- Bayou Morning

(13 posts)
  1. smittyd

smittyd

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was gifted an oz of this luscious nectar from one of our forum members. Last night , i gave it a go. WOW! I love this blend.
    Right up front , I got notes of sweetness from the Virginia's and then POW! It was like eating my favorite Thai food . Sweet and spicy all at the same time. At that point TAD hit and i quickly ordered 2 tins. This was my first experience with a VaPer . I am definitely hooked . This is going to be my main focus for my cellar ( At least until i get yelled at by my wife).
    My cellar is very meager at the moment , only about 10 jars. But this is a blend i never want to run out of. If you have never tried this , i highly recommend you do!

Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. ray47

ray47

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I really enjoyed this blend, but I got to the point that I couldn't handle the perique any longer. In fact I no longer buy any blends that contain perique, no matter what the amount is, because my throat dries out and I begin coughing really bad.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. smittyd

smittyd

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thats the same way i get with heavy latikia blends. I feel your pain.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. pipesmokingtom

pipesmokingtom

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great tobacco. And fabulous as a rollie, if that's your thing.

"We have an unspoken, mutual understanding to ignore the things we hate about each other so we can continue to enjoy the things we love about each other."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. pipesticks

pipesticks

Login to Send PM

Great stuff. Comes in bulk and ages well too. AND makes a good ciggie.
    If you like Bayou Morning, check out trying the D&R (Daughters and Ryan) Rimboche line. No casing, no flavorings, just natural straight up old school baccy goodness. Mark Ryan is also an owner of LA Rimboche, the small company responsible for supplying the pipe tobacco world with perique

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. rmpeeps

rmpeeps

Login to Send PM

I’m sitting on a jar of Bayou Night from I think ‘98. Shortly after that I grew somewhat tired of Latakia blends in favor of Perique.
    I wish that jar was Bayou Morning instead......

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. pipesticks

pipesticks

Login to Send PM

I bought Bayou Morning first, thinking I'd buy Bayou Night if I liked it....never did buy the Bayou Night....I got enough latakia in the house. I can always add some to "Morning" but I like it as it is.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bayou Night had some harsh edge when I bought it years ago, when C&D was in Morganton, N.C., but the current version is full-strength but sweeter and more mellow, to me. I'd like to try the Bayou Morning, but I have quite a stash of some really good Va/Per, and I am a (very) moderate smoker, so my use is in slow motion.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. seanv

seanv

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great blend. I have some on hand right now. Have you tried Poplar Camp?

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. dottiewarden

dottiewarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Currently smoking through a tin of the Flake. I find the flavor a bit cigar-like and the nic hit can catch me off guard. I have a tin in the cellar with at least a couple of years on it, so I'll come back to it in a few more years. In my situation it doesn't qualify for repurchase. Not bad, just not great.

Dot
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. whiteburleydude

whiteburleydude

Login to Send PM

I've been wanting to try the flake version.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. irishearl

irishearl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'd been smoking nothing but latakia blends for some time now and got the urge to get a VaPer again to mix things up. But wanted 1 with a bit more perique oomph than PS LBF. So, just tried this and am quite happy with it. Just the right proportion of perique for me.

Posted 1 month ago #
  13. mtwaller

mtwaller

Login to Send PM

Bayou Morning Flake was the first VaPer I ever bought, and man is that good stuff! The raisiny aroma is intense, and it certainly has quite a spicy kick! Lately I’ve been cutting it with 2 to 1 measures of BMF and a straight Virginia to mellow out the spice a bit, it’s quite enjoyable that way as well.

“There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion”.
    Posted 1 month ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   craig61a, odobenus, disinformatique, condorlover1, monkeylyf