C&D Virginia Oriental Review - Quite Interesting!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I know I'm being repetitive, but I just love reading Kyle's reviews! The commentary on how things are in the world tied-in with the relaxing mellowness of pipe smoking, and the descriptions ..."flavors are grapefruit and peppery, pleasantly leather-like and sometimes grassy." Check out his latest review here.

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/cornell-diehl-virginia-oriental/

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Great review. Anyone know if this will be commercially available, as I haven't seen it online? I've been wanting to try some Oriental blends without Latakia, so I figured this might be a way in.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I bought 4 tins at the show, and I think I might pop the first one to bring with me next year. The open tin I whiffed at the C&D table smelled great, so I’m looking forward to it

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Great review. Anyone know if this will be commercially available, as I haven't seen it online?
I was told it would not become commercially available. I've been on a quest to find something similar. The closest I've found, and not terribly close (but still very good) have been Peretti D-9507 and HU Joschi's Oriental Sunrise. C&D Oriental Silk is decent but the Perique is much more in evidence. Something else really, really good is Watch City Persian Slipper. It has some Latakia but more of a condiment. The flavor is superb. The Watch City 2019 Tobacco of the Year, Between the Rails is the most similar blend I've come across. Unfortunately, it too was a limited run and not available. GLP Cairo has a somewhat similar flavor profile to me but I believe it has some Latakia.
The market could use a few more Virginia Oriental blends of the caliber of C&D Virginia Oriental.

Status
Not open for further replies.