PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
In case you missed this video on the SP blog, you should have a view.
http://smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/cornell-diehl-making-union-square?utm_source=blogSubscribers&utm_campaign=9139e68017-Weekly_Digest_7_3_15_3_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_90b92175e4-9139e68017-222964869

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Really cool ... I didn't know that they decreased the pressure over time.
I'm off to smoke some Briar Fox now! :puffy:

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Thanks for sharing, Peck. I imagine working for C & D must be a dream job for us pipe smokers. I'm hoping to retire next year, but I will still be young and will need to keep busy. After seeing that video, I would love to work at a company like C&D, or L J Peretti's, or the like. (Alternatively I would love to work for Martin or Gibson Guitars, or a boutique guttar shop like Acoustic Emporium, Elderly Instruments, etc.)

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I had no idea how pipe tobacco was made. That was a great video. The men seem like people I'd get along with.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Awesome video. I wonder what he painted the inside of his press with before putting in the tobacco? Some type of non stick substance no doubt. BTW, he misspoke when he said they used whole leaf. What the video showed was him using Threshed leaf.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Interesting to match faces with voices and texts. I had pictured Jeremy as clean cut and in a suit. He would fit right in with that duck call family.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
However, when they strip and process Latakia or Perique, it doesn't exactly smell like Heaven......
SPC Restoration is right next door to the C&D area.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great video. It ain't mixing a few stray blends in a pottery bowl. Several different presses, up to forty tons, which if I recall is the weight of a loaded cement truck. Those guys work hard. That square of tobacco, when it comes out of the press, looks like a slab of marble, just beautiful. Thanks for bringing this to my attention peck.

Status
Not open for further replies.