Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

highwaycobbery

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2015
North cacallaky
Well...I’m for it. What a tasty navy flake. I took advantage of smoking pipes.com Labor Day special and picked up 10 tins of this blend and I was not disappointed. Fresh out of the tin this tobacco is the perfect moisture level, no drying required, rubs out easy and packs and smokes like a dream. This is definitely a all day smoke, no problem. I can’t wait to see what this blend will do in ten years if it’s this good now. I highly recommend this blend to anyone who enjoys quality navy cut tobacco. :clap:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Here's how PC describes it:
Cornell & Diehl Speakeasy takes the concept of the navy flake and turns it on its ear. The classic combination of Virginia and Perique is here, but it's joined by some Orientals and dark-fired Kentucky. The addition of a rum top note ties Speakeasy back to the traditional navy-style blend.
It's rated three out of five triangles, medium-strong.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Well now that my dark-fired addiction is well underway, im going to have to try this one out.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm through about half the tin already and I'm liking it. Pretty interesting flavor profiles. It's definitely perfect moisture level. I had it opened a day and then put it in a mason jar. It stays lit pretty perfectly. Low maintenance. This tin is just around 3 months old. When I ordered it to try I ordered two tins, so I have another one that I can let sit for another 3 months and see if it gets even better.
I also took advantage of the deal and ordered 10 tins. They're currently on hold though cause I ordered a pound of Newminster 403 Superior Round Slices with it that's on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.