PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
Well, my tin of C&D Carolina Flake small batch came in today, and all I can say is: Wow.

Smoked out of a MM Country Gentlman, and I've never had that kind of flavour. I've had much trouble not smoking my pipe too hot. Not so with this flake. It bid me to slow down and take it easy. I sorely wish I had picked up more than one tin. Leason learned.

Side note: if anyone who bought their 20 tin limit finds that this blend is not for them, please let me know! :)

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Glad you like it!
I've got a bunch of Small Batch Straight English if anyone wants to trade any!

tbthomps

Lurker
Oct 28, 2015
The Carolina Flake is, in my opinion, the best small batch to date. The Beast was pretty good but CF blows it away.
I haven't had enough of it yet to put forward a review but I certainly get Red Velvet Cake with hints of sweet ketchup; the flavor is not subtle.
I wish I had ordered more than 2 tins. Hopefully they will resurrect this blend in the future

pipebeast

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2016
Man, I completely missed out on this one. I was too busy last week to keep a look out :(

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
So, for y'all who have more experience: is there anything similar to this flake? I am working hard not to smoke the rest of my tin, and would love to find something like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.