Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seersucker has more of a bold flavor, with an oilier smoker. It is more of a cigar leaf blend, with trying to be a cigar. Whereas, Mad Fiddler is a sweet and spicy, unique blend that doesn't really compare to anything else very easily. Katsuri used in this is not very cigary to me. It just seems to have more of a strange spicy taste, like a crumb to a cookie you can't identify or ever remember having. Whereas a the leaf used in Seersucker is more of a traditional big burly cigar leaf.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Thanks. I will leave my only tin of Seersucker to continue to age. The MFF is an awesome blend and definitely in my wheelhouse. It is strange that so many folks disparage C&D blends. 3 of my top (not Virginia's) blends are Billy Budd, MFF, and Dreams of Kadath. Taste buds and noses are definitely fickle things.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Due to a lot of factors, moisture content among the leaders, I have begun to store mostly D&R products.

No muss, no fuss. Put em in a cooler in the bags they came in and use as needed.

I am too old to cellar anything, and too poor to lose anything I've laid in. Well, too cheap, maybe is more accurate.

Ugg, my typos, It should have read that Seersucker was “NOT trying to be a cigar.” However, it is an excellent cigar leaf blend.

I really enjoy a blend that uses unique leaf to get new flavors from combinding new things. I have been enjoying C&D’s new Milk and Honey this last couple of days. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.